website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 hours ago, Adriano said:

Thank you for good wishes, and mentioned me. It was so nervous around 4 hours to watch. Not Rzeszutek, but I am so happy for Robert Lukaszewicz. For me he must have harder program before LA'28. Both our guys are young still. We are in good way to come back to OG after Barcelona'92!!!!! I think this is sure, because only 11 non qualified divers and 2 of them (Canada and Mexico) will be at OG for sure in synchro event. I am so happy for him, 15th place. I hope tomorrow he will increase chance and will beat some rivals or even get to the final. BTW. Guy from Uzbekistan is probably Russian, I saw sth that he was on russian champs last year. He can get the quota?

And Lukaszewicz finds his way to the final! Congratulations!

Thanks guys! We are in after 32 years, last time Barcelona '92. First time in my life I could see polish diver at OG! I hope our divers made mors funds thanks to this. Our couch is from Ukraine (our last diver Kozdranski - Barcelona '92 used to be coach, now they are coaches of our national team). Amazing start, improve his PB, over 400 points. Perfect! We were close in synchro, and in women's trampoline. Overall good start for Poland.

20 minutes ago, Josh said:

Men’s 10m Platform Quotas: :UZB:CAN:USA:MEX:POL

@Adriano

So let mathematics begin! ))

According to wikipedia total number quotas now is 143.

This number includes all the quotas for individual finalists from Doah but not for semifinalists.

So we "just" have to know synchro double-starters )

On 2/10/2024 at 7:00 AM, avlar said:

So let mathematics begin! ))

According to wikipedia total number quotas now is 143.

This number includes all the quotas for individual finalists from Doah but not for semifinalists.

So we "just" have to know synchro double-starters )

I've tallied up athletes that qualified in both events.

Obviously some of those athletes could choose to focus only in one event and the quotas would not be reallocated. As some countries that qualified with different athletes (as in UK) could end up choosing to double up someone.

But, objectively speaking, athletes won a quota for their countries in synchronized and individual:

M3m Springboard: 8 (including Jules Bouyer, from France, who had already a quota in sync but participated in the event)

M10m Platform: 10

W3m Springboard: 8

W10m platform: 8

Apparently (according to wikipedia, Osmar Olvera and Rylan Wiens are confirmed to double up).

Considering only the finalists we have already 143 (7 extras from the 136).

So, if really 34 athletes double-up, we would have 27 more quotas. 17 or 18 of them would go to the semifinalists (as Sofiia LYSKUN could also double-up), and we would have 9 or 10 more quotas. If there are 10 quotas, this would mean that all 22th and better would be in the Olympics.

Curiously 34 finalists double up (from 48 athletes), but only 1 of the 24 semifinalists, and none until the 22th.

Sorry if it is in Portuguese, but the green ones are "guaranteed" and the yellow are the other finalists

image.png

According to the counts above (obviously not official AT ALL), the semifinalists plus the ones in purple would get in (the Ukranian is double-up)

image.png

9 hours ago, Pasolini said:

I've tallied up athletes that qualified in both events.

Obviously some of those athletes could choose to focus only in one event and the quotas would not be reallocated. As some countries that qualified with different athletes (as in UK) could end up choosing to double up someone.

But, objectively speaking, athletes won a quota for their countries in synchronized and individual:

M3m Springboard: 8 (including Jules Bouyer, from France, who had already a quota in sync but participated in the event)

M10m Platform: 10

W3m Springboard: 8

W10m platform: 8

Apparently (according to wikipedia, Osmar Olvera and Rylan Wiens are confirmed to double up).

Considering only the finalists we have already 143 (7 extras from the 136).

So, if really 34 athletes double-up, we would have 27 more quotas. 17 or 18 of them would go to the semifinalists (as Sofiia LYSKUN could also double-up), and we would have 9 or 10 more quotas. If there are 10 quotas, this would mean that all 22th and better would be in the Olympics.

Curiously 34 finalists double up (from 48 athletes), but only 1 of the 24 semifinalists, and none until the 22th.

Sorry if it is in Portuguese, but the green ones are "guaranteed" and the yellow are the other finalists

image.png

According to the counts above (obviously not official AT ALL), the semifinalists plus the ones in purple would get in (the Ukranian is double-up)

image.png

Great job!

And Sofiia LYSKUN will be double-up definitely.