website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

So if I’ve got this right, let’s say Toulson, Hongchan, Spendolini-Sireix, Yuxi, Wassen, Wassen, Schnell, Parratto, Agundez, Orozco, McKay all qualify themselves for Paris in synchro/individual. That would mean Miller gets an individual quota?

Obviously, that’ll mean we need :MEX:GER:CAN to secure women’s 10m synchro quotas here. 

She’ll need :AUS :GER & :MEX all to qualify, and at least 5 of those divers to be picked for individual & synchro, which is quite likely.

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

So if I’ve got this right, let’s say Toulson, Hongchan, Spendolini-Sireix, Yuxi, Wassen, Wassen, Schnell, Parratto, Agundez, Orozco, McKay all qualify themselves for Paris in synchro/individual. That would mean Miller gets an individual quota?

Obviously, that’ll mean we need :MEX:GER:CAN to secure women’s 10m synchro quotas here. 

I'm not sure that Miller can qualify for the individual competition - I may have misunderstood the qualification document, but in order to get a quota under the "additional athlete" phase, they had to finish higher than 21st and Miller was 25th.  

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I'm not sure that Miller can qualify for the individual competition - I may have misunderstood the qualification document, but in order to get a quota under the "additional athlete" phase, they had to finish higher than 21st and Miller was 25th.  

Sorry to correct, but the sentence reads “at the 21st World Aquatics Championships”

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Ignore this - hadn't checked the rules for reallocation of quotas.

Diving is a bit of a mess until we know who's selected in the synchro events (let's ignore when an athlete competes in both 3m & 10m events). For now, whoever makes the final will get a quota to compete at the Olympics. Anyone else will have to wait.

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:
Men's 3m Syncro
Final Results

:CHN China

:ITA Italy

:ESP Spain
383. 28

Full Final Result HERE

Shocking result. First ever world medal of Spain in an Olympic event of this sport and first time competing in synchro at the Olympics!