website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

For women platform, we have 16 places reserved for synchro ( :CHN  :FRA  :GBR & :USA ) and 15 other previous qualifiers.

Out of :ITA:PUR:GER:NED:GBR:JPN:KOR:GER:ITA, the top 3 in the final will have their places secured, while next four in the order (even if not all of them get in the final) are likely to also advance as the Chinese, Toulson & Schnell most surely compete in individual and synchro.

For the others they will have to wait to see which countries qualify in synchro before anything else could be determined; currently last one with a mathematical chance of qualifying (according to me) is :NZL Dawson, although it seems unlikely.

What would need to happen for Kate Miller to qualify? :d

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

What would need to happen for Kate Miller to qualify? :d

At least 11 of the synchro competitors will have to be nominated to compete also in the individuals, her chances are slim.

From the divers left out in the prelims, I’d think :CUB has a good chance to be there, but only after synchro I could speculate more.

Wikipedia have awarded the women's 10m platform quotas to the following:

:ITA Sarah Jodoin di Maria

:AUS Melissa Wu

:PUR Maycey Vieta

:PRK Kim Mi-rae

:NED Else Praasterink

:UKR Sofiia Lyskun

:JPN Rin Kaneto

:KOR Kim Na-hyun

:ITA Maia Biginelli

:CUB Anisley Garcia

:USA Katrina Young

:LAT Dzeja Patrika

5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I think it’s a little premature, as I don’t think they could have the criteria selection for each NOC, but I may be wrong.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

I think it’s a little premature, as I don’t think they could have the criteria selection for each NOC, but I may be wrong.

For me this Top 10 is sure. Should be many doubles in women's  platform.

17 minutes ago, Adriano said:

On the other side, what's the problem if you have two divers make composite synchro duet???

That’s another good point, they could actually allow composite teams from NOC’s with 2 divers, but so far, they seem reluctant to do so.

The only thing I really would dread is if they replace the men/women synchro, with mixed events.

3 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

At least 11 of the synchro competitors will have to be nominated to compete also in the individuals, her chances are slim.

From the divers left out in the prelims, I’d think :CUB has a good chance to be there, but only after synchro I could speculate more.

So if I’ve got this right, let’s say Toulson, Hongchan, Spendolini-Sireix, Yuxi, Wassen, Wassen, Schnell, Parratto, Agundez, Orozco, McKay all qualify themselves for Paris in synchro/individual. That would mean Miller gets an individual quota?

Obviously, that’ll mean we need :MEX:GER:CAN to secure women’s 10m synchro quotas here. 

14 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Noy only wikipedia. Italian federation congratulates girls with olympic quotas, if I am right

w

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

So if I’ve got this right, let’s say Toulson, Hongchan, Spendolini-Sireix, Yuxi, Wassen, Wassen, Schnell, Parratto, Agundez, Orozco, McKay all qualify themselves for Paris in synchro/individual. That would mean Miller gets an individual quota?

Obviously, that’ll mean we need :MEX:GER:CAN to secure women’s 10m synchro quotas here. 

Not at all, the number should be close in both events and overall with men's  not exceed 136. When I use 27 quotas for platform and 26 for trampolinę (12+12+2/3 continental) and took synchro names and quotas from last WC plus my prediction it was like 136 names.