website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Mateus Nagime said:

Does he have any chance at the individual?

I would give him a decent chance, he’s become more solid. Of course he needs to put the synchro behind, so his mind doesn’t deprive him of another Olympic ticket.

4 minutes ago, avlar said:

I am totally shocked.

I am proud of our tem but at the same time sorry for Poland. Hope for semifinal and quota for Rzeszutek.

Congrats guys! Still chance for him and Łukaszewicz for come back to OG in this discipline.

For women platform, we have 16 places reserved for synchro ( :CHN  :FRA  :GBR & :USA ) and 15 other previous qualifiers.

Out of :ITA:PUR:GER:NED:GBR:JPN:KOR:GER, the top 3 in the final will have their places secured, while next four in the order (even if not all of them get in the final) are likely to also advance as the Chinese, Toulson & Schnell most surely compete in individual and synchro.

For the others they will have to wait to see which countries qualify in synchro before anything else could be determined; currently last one with a mathematical chance of qualifying (according to me) is :NZL Dawson, although it seems unlikely.

Edited by mrv86

5 minutes ago, Adriano said:

It's  sad that this discipline has only 8 places, beyond host 7, but in 7 relays in swimming we have 16 teams, but only few could took medal.  Took some this quotas and give for diving.

I’ve always thought that giving the hosts and automatic quota in synchro is unfair, as more deserving teams have been left out since Rio.

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Does Jade Gillet :FRA still have a chance of qualifying for the 10m ?

Unfortunately, no, according to the qualification system; but WA could allow the host to have a competitor in each individual event if they are selected for synchro.

8 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I’ve always thought that giving the hosts and automatic quota in synchro is unfair, as more deserving teams have been left out since Rio.

On the other side, what's the problem if you have two divers make composite synchro duet???