website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

Second sentance, say about note 136 athletes. 26 / 27 athletes (12+12+2/3 continental) gives you more athlethes with synchro +64 than 136

Screenshot_20240204_082331_Drive.jpg

Some of the synchro athletes doubled up with individual, so I don't know if 64 is the correct number

3 minutes ago, Illya said:

Some of the synchro athletes doubled up with individual, so I don't know if 64 is the correct number

Nearly half of them must be double to make 12 athletes from  World Champs

17 minutes ago, Illya said:

In my oppinion, it is also important text "12 highest placing athletes" but not "12 highest placing athletes among the non-qualified".

So only the 12 finalists are taken into account at this stage. And a lot of them will have quotas from the previous events.

Thus in real life no overquota (>136) is expected at the WC.

12 minutes ago, avlar said:

In my oppinion, it is also important text "12 highest placing athletes" but not "12 highest placing athletes among the non-qualified".

So only the 12 finalists are taken into account at this stage. And a lot of them will have quotas from the previous events.

Thus in real life no overquota (>136) is expected at the WC.

Yes, this is an important note, thanks. 

So basically to be a contender for the quota athlete needs to finish at 21st place or higher. 

7 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

One of the possibile Olympic medallist, :MAS Pandelela Pang, will miss the Olympic Games. :yikes:

Not yet, she still has synchro with Nur Sabri ;)

But unfortunate that we won’t see her in the individual women’s 10m event :(

P.S. it’s Pamg not Pang. 

Edited by Josh

10 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

One of the possibile Olympic medallist, :MAS Pandelela Pang, will miss the Olympic Games. :yikes:

If she was a possible medalist, she should have been able to at least make the semi-finals here and/or at Fukuoka and she was nowhere near. As it is her scores have only been heading in 1 direction over the last couple of seasons.

Hopefully she can encourage the next generation of Malaysian divers but the days when she was a potential medalist are in all likelihood over.