website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 1/30/2024 at 10:19 PM, mrv86 said:

Some “unusual” competitors in diving entries: :CZE  :KAZ  :LAT  :SRB  :SRI  :THA  :TUR  :UZB 

Yeah, I was also surprised seeing two young :CZE girls. Well, they have improved a lot but I think that they are currently aiming for LA28. 

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

One of the ugliest competitions I've witnessed; usually, with these dives, you'd need binoculars to spot the podium. If I checked correctly, it's the lowest score in history for winning gold in the 1m springboard.

It wasn't a high scoring event, but it wasn't that far out of sync from previous events when you take into account the fact that there were no :CHN athletes taking part. In the comparable event from 2019, the highest non-Chinese diver scored 262 and took silver.  It looks like a lot of the stronger divers have elected to prioritise the 3m instead. 

14 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Good start for Mexican divers: Aranza Chavez made it in the 1m final and Paola Pineda was just .10 short of it, finishing 13 in the prelims.

And Silver in the team event, not that far from the Brits, which confirms this team can try for bigger things.

If only Gaby Agundez didn't missed her individual dive, that cost the gold medal 

Anyway good start for the team, this and the 5th place in the women's 1m springboard will give momentum for the rest of the competition and boost chances of getting all the quotas still needed to qualify a full team to Paris