website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

His timeline isn’t necessarily accurate regarding what transpired with ATR, but it is interesting to see both the “big players” in Olympic media going through shake-ups around the same time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 10/23/2023 at 6:21 PM, lapaj said:

1) I think all of your stuff belongs in the politics thread.

2) What is anyone supposed to do with your comments? You don't give any context and post hungarian videos that noone understands.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 10/20/2023 at 9:41 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Advertisements are how they make revenue though. Honestly, asking people to watch a couple ads for what is essentially "free content" isn't a huge ask. The bigger problem, if you ask me, is what they pay creators (including those who don't qualify for partner programs, but nonetheless create original content). 

Valid point. My problem is that they distribute the ads in such a retarded way. I don't want to watch an ad every 60 seconds. I would have no problem if they would have all the ads bunched together, instead of constantly interrupting the video for ads.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

His timeline isn’t necessarily accurate regarding what transpired with ATR, but it is interesting to see both the “big players” in Olympic media going through shake-ups around the same time.

ITG was bad already, but now with new Spanish reporters, its much worse. Amateurish writing at best.

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

ITG was bad already, but now with new Spanish reporters, its much worse. Amateurish writing at best.

Interesting that both companies moved to Spanish reporters writing in English :mumble:

I'm still trying to find a more permanent home for my reporting, but no luck yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Interesting that both companies moved to Spanish reporters writing in English :mumble:

I'm still trying to find a more permanent home for my reporting, but no luck yet.

Did some digging and it seems like a Maksim Kotsov is now a director for the company, who is closely aligned with Umar Kremlev. Has the IBA bought Insidethegames??

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Did some digging and it seems like a Maksim Kotsov is now a director for the company, who is closely aligned with Umar Kremlev. Has the IBA bought Insidethegames??

That would be quite funny. Can't imagine it would have cost that much to buy a website even most diehard sports fans have never heard of? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Imagine planting half milion trees in one day ! and it was Turkmenistan of all places :bowdown:

Did the whole population of the country participated into this ? :d

image.png

Next year - dustbowl disaster hits Turkmenistan because the soil has dried up & blown away due to tree roots absorbing all the water from the subsoil acquifers.