website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

• 2 weeks later...

What's up with these people thinking decapitation solves problems? Now my own little town has fallen victim :(

Spoiler

69eee20c-2e93-4fed-b7ef-e30196529dab_thu

Stupid (presumably) teen vandals :mad: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is an example of great journalism. An outlet sought out an expert on the topic of the “interview.” They found someone with great knowledge of the topic, who was also able to vocalize that knowledge in a compelling and coherent manner. They allowed the greater public to propose questions, and the expert then answered a wide breadth of those in those in the interview. Ultimately, they created an engaging and informative product that likely appeals to a wider audience.

No one had to yell loudest to get a point across. There wasn’t a bunch of flashy/distracting graphics. The expert wasn’t trying to pander to a particular segment of the audience. Etc. This is just great journalism.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Mass shooting in Prague :(

11 people died in the shooting, including the suspect. About 30 people are injured. Nine people are in serious condition, five to six with moderate injuries and ten lightly injured according Czech TV

Cross-posting this from the biathlon thread. Watching biathlon from Belarus today & would you believe that this was the only time since the Chur Big Air in October that I have seen any winter sport on a brownfield track? :champion:

It’s incredible really, everywhere has snow!  :cheer: Not just artificial or stored snow, but actual snow! :thumbup: I go back over 20 years where we had three consecutive pre-Xmas biathlon races in Pokljuka because none of the other tracks had anything!

On 12/26/2023 at 4:30 PM, bestmen said:

First time from the netherland ,

First time? I think you missed the gazillion others.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!