website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 4/16/2019 at 4:55 AM, MHSN said:

it seems the organizers finalized the list of sports for the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou

it will be all "core" Olympic sports plus few selected non-Olympic sports, Sepaktakraw, Kabaddi, Cricket, Chess, Roller Skating, Jujitsu, Kurash, Wushu and Squash

and per Hangzhou 2022 official website Dragon Boat will be a part of Canoeing competition. but they said nothing about Soft Tennis (which is usually a part of tennis competition) or 3x3 basketball. and beside that it's not clear if Chess is just Chess or will include some weird Chinese Chess competition too.

with this, Cricket and Chess are the new sports comparing to 2018 but they dropped Baseball/Softball, Bridge, Bowling, Jet Ski, Paragliding, Pencak Silat, Sambo, Karate and Sport Climbing from the 2018 program.  of course nobody is upset about dropping JetSki, Pencak Silat or Bridge or Paragliding or Sambo, but dropping some old sports like Karate, Bowling and Baseball/Softball is a very bad idea. even Sport Climbing should be in the program.

especially Karate which is a popular sport in Asia and we usually have something like 40 nations participating at the Asian Games (OCA has something like 45 members) even though after this Iran Karate federation president claimed he contacted the AKF officials and he was told to not worry, OCA president (Sheikh Ahmad from Kuwait) is a fan of Karate and he will never let the organizers to drop Karate. he will force the Chinese organizers to put back Karate in next OCA meeting. which means this list is not final as far as OCA concerns and small changes can happen.

What are your analysis of the Freestyle draws? :lol:

27 minutes ago, sounak said:

What are your analysis of the Freestyle draws? :lol:

:d OK, my GR preview wasn't that bad

we are sending a junior here out of desperation, while you can never underestimate an Iranian wrestler in freestyle but I don't think he stands a chance against Aman in the QF. the best Asian wrestler Higuchi is absent here but Japan is still sending a very good wrestler in Hasegawa who has a tough first round against Liu of China. I think either Aman or JPN will win the gold. in the top half we have a PRK guy and you know if they send someone you have to be worried. but I think MGL is the favorite for the silver medal with KAZ and KGZ next to him.

former World Champion Amouzad is the biggest name in the draw but he is facing a brutal draw! has to beat UZB, JPN and CHN to face Bajrang in the SF. Amouzad is a great wrestler but he is cutting weight and it will be a big challenge to wrestle fresh wrestlers back to back. (none of these guys wrestled in Belgrade but Amouzad did) I still think Amzouad can make it to the SF relatively easily but I'm not sure how much will be left in him to fight Bajrang. we have two big names in the top half, Tulga MGL and Kudiev of TJK (a very good Russian recruit). I believe these 4 guys will win the medals. hard to predict the order but I like to think Amzouad wins the gold :d

I don't see Emami losing the gold or at least not going to the final. he is the clear favorite but again he has to face some "fresh" wrestlers. I think KOR/KGZ/CHN and IND will battle for the bronze. in the bottom half we will have the Asian Champion Yessengali. Japan #2 Kinoshita, Bahrain's Asluev and Bekzad of UZB. hard to predict between these guys but the bottom half is certainly harder

we were always 99% sure about this gold medal because of Yazdani, he has some problems with his shoulder but I still think he can run over everybody in the World not named David Taylor. but he also got a very easy draw. I think MGL or CHN will win the bronze from that half. but top half is really unpredictable. Deepak Punia didn't wrestle in Belgrade to be fresh here, we also have two Russian wrestlers Sharipov (BRN) and Shapiev (UZB) (both finished 5th at the Worlds) but I think Daulatbekov is the favorite for the silver medal. also don't forget Shirai. he is good too

we have world champion Tazhudinov (BRN, against RUS) in the draw. so he is the favorite and his draw isn't bad at all. he is already in the final and I think CHN wlil take that bronze. our guy Goleij was 10 seconds away from beating the great Sadulaev two weeks ago but he got injured in the process. if he is fit he will make it to the final. but he has to beat Ibragimov first (38 yo but beat several Iranians before) and then MGL and later Yergali of KAZ. I think KAZ or UZB will take the bronze. I really want to see Goleij/Tazhudinov final. while this guy is fantastic but I still think Goleij can tire him down

we have the current World Champion AH Zare who is the clear favorite for the gold. I think he will face the big Mongolian in the final. CHN is entering a new guy and not Deng, which makes me think Batirmurzaev will take the 2nd bronze. (that guy from CAM is Iranian, he is not that bad, I know CAM is looking for a medal in these Games) in the top half I think the winner of IND/KGZ will take the bronze but there are 2-3 wrestlers in the same level

:MGL getting a medal in the men’s road race seems like a very unexpected result. Too bad this wasn’t the Asian Championships, otherwise they’d have an Olympic quota in their pocket.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It has to be pretty embarrassing to finish last in your event, and then return AAF :facepalm:

Results Link: https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/en/results/athletics/result-men-s-3000m-steeplechase-fnl-000100-.htm

:KSA second AAF in athletics at Hangzhou 2022…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 AAFs so far according to the ITA. 

:KSA - 2 (both male, both athletics)

:AFG - 1 (male boxer)

:PHI - 1 (female cyclist)

:TKM - 1 (men’s silver medalist in kurash)

:UZB - 1 (male cyclist)

Full list here: https://ita.sport/sanction/asian-games-hangzhou/

In the men’s canoe slalom semifinal, the top eight athletes, limited to one athlete per NOC, advanced to the final. This resulted in the absurd situation where the third place finisher from Japan didn’t advance because his compatriot finished top of the semifinal and a Korean who DNFed made the final as the last of the eight competitors. :(