website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2026

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

211 team tournament if we're talking full membership party.

Yeah, but the logistics and planning for an odd number of teams would be too much. There'll definitely be a 212th member by then though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Interestingly enough, San Marino is ranked in 210th and last place, which is a great way to show the nonsense of this ranking system....I have not a single doubt that they'd run circles around at least 30-40 of the teams above them (but who I assume get easier points by playing easier matches?) :p

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

When was the last time San Marino played against a non-European opponent?

Ok, they lost against Saint Lucia in November 2022 :p 

I might have been too excited, but they scored in their previous three matches :d (against Denmark, Kazakhstan and Finland, one would imagine the likes of Anguilla or São Tomé shouldn't be that much of a problem then, but if Saint Lucia proves too much...)

We'll see, they have a double-header against :SKN scheduled next month!

Edited by heywoodu

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ok, they lost against Saint Lucia in November 2022 :p 

I might have been too excited, but they scored in their previous three matches :d (against Denmark, Kazakhstan and Finland, one would imagine the likes of Anguilla or São Tomé shouldn't be that much of a problem then, but if Saint Lucia proves too much...)

We'll see, they have a double-header against :SKN scheduled next month!

They had a draw with Seychelles some time ago too.  

I think Sao Tome wouldn't be easy either, they have some professional players. One even played for Newell's old boys some years ago. 

I think only the bottom 5-6 teams of concacaf and OFC are clearly worse. Maybe Guam or Brunei too.

• 1 month later...