website statistics

Olympic articles and contributors on Wikipedia

Wikipedia is run like in a feudal system, a few users somehow got a piece of land each and act like a little dictator inside it. Most times they are also completely ignorant about the topic so even correcting wrong articles becomes impossible, because the little king says so.

8 hours ago, Josh said:

I personally haven’t edited Wikipedia in a while (for quite obvious reasons :p), but I’ve noticed that @Sportsfan_1234 has been reverting other users edits for no reason whatsoever. I saw a user who attempted to fill in some of the selected Team Canada diving/artistic swimming athletes for Paris (On the “Canada at the 2024 Olympics” article), but neither of those edits lasted very long. So frustrating to see, it’s almost as if he’s owns the article. 

What I find most odd is that apparently there's two people fighting each other on Wikipedia editing (seriously, come on), but then they take this fight here and post on Totallympics only to post about their fight on Wikipedia :d 

This whole thread is honestly the weirdest and oddest thing (weirder than the death wishes/threats) I have seen in I guess around 10 years of Totallympics :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What I find most odd is that apparently there's two people fighting each other on Wikipedia editing (seriously, come on), but then they take this fight here and post on Totallympics only to post about their fight on Wikipedia :d 

This whole thread is honestly the weirdest and oddest thing (weirder than the death wishes/threats) I have seen in I guess around 10 years of Totallympics :d 

Bird Popcorn GIF
Don’t mind me just scrolling through the thread trying to figure out who is winning 

Once again, Sportsfan 1234 keeps on accusing other users about the same editing style from the master. Can't he check and edit the names of those selected? He is so tyrannical and paranoid of the editor's similar styles. 

On 3/16/2024 at 4:38 PM, Faramir said:

Wikipedia is run like in a feudal system, a few users somehow got a piece of land each and act like a little dictator inside it. Most times they are also completely ignorant about the topic so even correcting wrong articles becomes impossible, because the little king says so.

Yes, this is similar to Sportsfan 1234's case. He runs a WikiProject Olympics and accepts other users' edits different from Raymarcbadz's version. He despises and dislikes Raymarcbadz's topic-related edits. He's such a harsh observer across all Olympic-related articles. He will immediately report to the admins if he notices edits similar to the opponent, especially correcting wrong edits. 

Posted (edited)

I want to point out common errors in NOC articles on Wikipedia. I don't understand why Sportsfan 1234 continues to resist similar styles from the master and lets the other users edit and clutter the content without proper orientation. I don't know if they have already read the article on the manual of style.

• Names are not arranged in alphabetical order according to their surnames in either an event or an overall list in general.
  • Some columns are missing, especially in rowing. Single sculls include the quarterfinal phase.
  • Adding the table with the {{n/a}} in sailing especially those competing in ILCA6 and ILCA7.
Edited by MantaRaymarc

On 3/16/2024 at 5:24 PM, heywoodu said:

Honestly, @heywoodu. Sportsfan 1234 started this fight and unending edit warring that would last forever. I have updated, edited, and corrected the errors in the content of the Olympic-related articles since 2012 to make the information more accurate and reliable. I don't understand why he continued to persecute me on Wikipedia and let the users clutter the content (misarranging the names of athletes in the table, missing columns, poor grammar).

1 hour ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Honestly, @heywoodu. Sportsfan 1234 started this fight and unending edit warring that would last forever. I have updated, edited, and corrected the errors in the content of the Olympic-related articles since 2012 to make the information more accurate and reliable. I don't understand why he continued to persecute me on Wikipedia and let the users clutter the content (misarranging the names of athletes in the table, missing columns, poor grammar).

Sure, but I am baffled by this Wikipedia-only fight somehow finding it's way to Totallympics, instead of staying there. For people who aren't really into the minute details of editing Wiki pages, this thread is so incredibly....odd :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sportsfan 1234 should discuss and revise the manual of style article for NOCs. 

This user cannot stop hunting sockpuppets. He blames other users for applying the same editing style from the sock master across all Olympic-related articles on Wikipedia. Why can’t he address this issue to the WikiProject Olympics discussion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Raymarcbadz