website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

Right people, let's make it interesting.

I've went trhough everyone's SB/PB in Division II and that is how the simulated score looks like for Div2 (please note relkays are not included as neraly impossible to get the accurate prediciton rankings):

:HUN  427
:UKR  407
:SLO  377
:ROU  344
:LTU  313
:CRO  302
:SRB  296
:DEN  290
:CYP  278
:LAT  277
:EST  272
:SVK  268
:ISL  242
:BUL  217
:LUX  181
:MDA  128

So we are looking into :HUN and :UKR easily qualifying to Div 1, with :SLO and :ROU fighting for last qualifying spot.

:LTU:CRO:SRB:DEN looks very safe to remain in Div2

:MDA and :LUX highly likely to get relegated (especially when not competing in all events), with :BUL and :ISL fighting for survival!

Just now, Bearas said:

I've went trhough everyone's SB/PB in Division II and that is how the simulated score looks like for Div2 (please note relkays are not included as neraly impossible to get the accurate prediciton rankings):

So we are looking into :HUN and :UKR easily qualifying to Div 1, with :SLO and :ROU fighting for last qualifying spot.

:MDA and :LUX highly likely to get relegated (especially when not competing in all events), with :BUL and :ISL fighting for survival!

Also - simulated rankings of day 1:

:HUN  149
:UKR  128
:DEN  116
:CRO  108
:SLO  107
:LAT  101
:CYP  99
:ROU  96
:EST  95
:SVK  82
:ISL  80
:LTU  79
:SRB  68
:BUL  68
:MDA  65
:LUX  53

This will look completely different when comparing to all included events, :DEN will get some false hope to qualify, while :SRB and :LTU might get upset with rankings after first day.

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

Huh, the Hungarian federation said that our target is a midtable finish. I guess they didn't calculate what the other teams are capable of on paper. Plus we are sending the A-team, other nations might have some missing talent. 

25 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Huh, the Hungarian federation said that our target is a midtable finish. I guess they didn't calculate what the other teams are capable of on paper. Plus we are sending the A-team, other nations might have some missing talent. 

Thats bizarre, maybe they didn't want to overhype it and just under promised just in case... but even then, the only evets were Hungarian's SB is not amongst top5 is Men's5000m, men's pole vault, men's shot put, women's high jump and women's triple jump... We shall see how close Hungarians are to their season performances shortly, but I think you guys have the favourites at the moment.