website statistics

Women's Water Polo LEN European Championship 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5-2 after the third period! Alexandra Asimaki scores her second goal of the day.

The former FINA World Player of the Year is looking to make it back to the Olympics as a 36 year old after her last appearance in 2008 when she was 20!

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Absolutely brilliant from :GBR girls qualifying for the worlds. Probably 3/4 for the quota behind :ITA/:GRE:HUN and potentially :CAN but we've at least given ourselves a decent chance at a Paris quota. 

I’m sorry, but no, you haven’t given yourself “a decent chance at a Paris quota” with your performance here. Awesome for Great Britain to qualify for Worlds, and a bit of a surprise to see them beat Israel, but you got demolished in your only match against a quota contending team (Hungary)

Frankly, I would be highly surprised if they ended up over even one of Hungary, Italy/Greece, and Canada. 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’m sorry, but no, you haven’t given yourself “a decent chance at a Paris quota” with your performance here. Awesome for Great Britain to qualify for Worlds, and a bit of a surprise to see them beat Israel, but you got demolished in your only match against a quota contending team (Hungary)

Frankly, I would be highly surprised if they ended up over even one of Hungary, Italy/Greece, and Canada. 

Yes we did get destroyed by Hungary, and would probably get thrashed by the other 3 you mentioned above, but there are other factors such as luck of the draw in the knockouts and shock results that could sneak us into a spot. I don't expect us to qualify by any means, but being the 4th best unqualified team in a 16 team tournament that includes a mix of qualified and unqualified teams still gives us a half decent chance.