website statistics

Tennis US Open 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Wanderer said:

Well, he always had the talent but I believe he struggled with injuries when next gen was promoted. And he is born in 1996 so he's definitely NextGen player, luckily not as hyped as Zverev

What's the definition of NextGen? I thought that was the group of Zverev, Tsitsipas, Chung etc :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

No, you're right. I'm asin overexited by the Berrettini's victory :lol: Btw, i bet my money on Sinner... Probabily he will finish the season in the top100

I hope so, a Süd-Tirol tennis player at the top level :woohoo:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

What's the definition of NextGen? I thought that was the group of Zverev, Tsitsipas, Chung etc :p

U21 players are usually considered as NextGen. It first started in early 2000s when Hewitt, Federer, Nalbandian, Fererro, Roddick, Safin were young players and were making their way to the top of the game. It is mainly marketing thing. Since all of them became GS champions as soon as they started the hype (unfortunately only Nalbandian didn't win a slam, lost Wimbledon final to Hewitt in 2002) people hope it would happen with NextGen 2.0. Looks like they are just WindowsVista while old guard are wonderful, long living Windows XP :d 

But I think Tsitsipas among the mentioned ones would win Slam first. Felix Auger also if he stays healthy. And Zverev when he gets brain transplant.

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

No, you're right. I'm asin overexited by the Berrettini's victory :lol: Btw, i bet my money on Sinner... Probabily he will finish the season in the top100

Understandable :d But he is the youngest in the top 300 :d (On Live Ranking Sinner is 127th)

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I hope so, a Süd-Tirol tennis player at the top level :woohoo:

What is he? A failed skier? Sud-Tirol & tennis don't add up much :p

So the last standing quartet in the women tournament are Serena and three players who never reached a GS semi-final before this summer :mumble: