website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2023

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying the contest so far, it looks like an exciting voting so far. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to follow it so far as I am out most of the day but thank you so much for all who gave some votes to Ireland. I haven’t had a chance yet to go back through to see where the points came from but I’ll try to go back over the thread later to thank everyone :) 

I got curious about what are the top songs not in English per contest, just to see which nations have been most successful at sending non-English language songs. So for this break, here are the Top Non-English Language Songs per TISC:

Open 2022 - :GER - 4th place

Annual 2022 - :ESP - 1st place

Open 2021 - :FRA - 5th place

Annual 2021 - :ITA - 4th place

Open 2020 - :IND - 6th place

Annual 2020 - :CHN - 2nd place

Open 2019 - :HUN - 4th place

Annual 2019 - :FRA - 5th place

Open 2018 - :BUL - 5th place

Annual 2018 - :ITA - 1st place

Open 2017 - :COL - 2nd place

Annual 2017 - :SRB - 3rd place

Open 2016 - :FIN - 6th place

Annual 2016 - :ITA - 2nd place

Open 2015 - :GER - 2nd place

Annual 2015 - :ITA - 5th place

Open 2014 - :FRA - 3rd place

Annual 2014 - :GER - 1st place

Open 2013 - :ITA - 2nd place

Yep, I think you all guessed which nation had the most  number of Top Non-English language songs after 19 editions. :d

5 - :ITA 

3 - :GER  :FRA 

1 - :FIN  :SRB  :COL  :BUL  :HUN  :CHN  :IND  :ESP 

21 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I got curious about what are the top songs not in English per contest, just to see which nations have been most successful at sending non-English language songs. So for this break, here are the Top Non-English Language Songs per TISC:

Yep, I think you all guessed which nation had the most  number of Top Non-English language songs after 19 editions. :d

Before you were jury, with @rybak we made a little protest for "so many english songs" from countries which is not the native language.

Its natural that the english songs have feels "more universal" than other ones, there are many languages that i only listen here for example.

Many times, when i share the music with family and friends, most of them says "but this is the german song?, why is in english?, and the same with other countries of course.

In Latin America, are very very fews the singers or bands which sing in non native languages.

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

I'm not sure if I remember the last time that Lithuania actually got 12 points in the contest.

Too bad our local stat and history gods @dcro and @OlympicIRL seem to be away right now :p 

I think it happened in the last edition really late. Came out if nowhere. Before that you entered your own song which scored plenty, but with no medals.

#banbestmen

I had a read back through the thread and I want to say a huge thank you to the users who gave some points to Ireland:

:NED  @heywoodu thank you for the 2 pts! Nice to get off the mark very early :)

:CHN @Vic Liu thanks for the 5 points! :)

:GER @catgamer OMG thank you so much for the 12 points! Amazing surprise and a nice honour for Cian and his song! :wub: :bowdown:

:GBR @Cinnamon Bun yay, thank you Great Britain for 6 pts from across the Irish Sea :)

:LTU @Werloc thanks a million for the 5 pts, always nice to be received well by the Lithuanian jury :)

:DEN @Agger @Wumo thank you so much Denmark for the 7 pts. Not sure how the votes combined but I am grateful to the Danish jury :)

:FIN @Finnator123 thanks so much for 3 points from Finland!! :)

:TUN @amen09 wow!! Thank you Tunisia for the 11 points! :hyper: What a nice surprise, so glad you liked the song :)

:CRO @dcro thank you Croatia for the 2 pts! I'm glad to find some room in your points and that you like it :)

And I also want to congratulate @Griff88 for getting the 12 points from the Irish jury. I absolutely adore Hati Hati Di Jalan :wub:. It's such a cool vibe and the singer's voice is just beautiful and is a timeless classic!

Before the voting started I thought this would be a battle between :GER and :NED with :ITA and :FRA being close as well. Looks like I was mostly right but still a long long way to go.

55 minutes ago, Vektor said:

If only i could remember what was the Open 2016 entry from Finland... :mumble: