website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2022 - 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I am very pleased with the two individual gold medals, we are doing quite well in the individual events this season. Let's hope that they will use this form to do well in the team events of the World and European championships, which will be extremely important this year.

Meanwhile in Budapest... already some big upsets. :UKR defeated :ITA in the Round of 16. And a smaller upset, :JPN won against :IRI

Women's Team Epee (:CHN Nanjing)

Gold: :FRA France

Silver: :KOR South Korea

Bronze: :ITA Italy

Semifinals

South Korea b. Poland 2-2 :yikes: :mumble: :crazy:

France b. Italy 36-27

Bronze Medal Match

Italy b. Poland 45-36

Gold Medal Match

France b. South Korea 45-35

Full Ranking & Results

https://www.fencingtimelive.com/events/results/B121A9652E57429F8A69B5F052941E00

51 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I am very pleased with the two individual gold medals, we are doing quite well in the individual events this season. Let's hope that they will use this form to do well in the team events of the World and European championships, which will be extremely important this year.

Meanwhile in Budapest... already some big upsets. :UKR defeated :ITA in the Round of 16. And a smaller upset, :JPN won against :IRI

disaster of a weekend for Italy...:facepalm: :hairpull:

yesterday not even a single podium finish in 3 individual events, today a miserable bronze in the women's epee (losing to our arch-rivals, France...it would have been better to win vs France and not get a medal at all :p) and this shameful early elimination in the men's sabre...

back following the March Madness and Hockey...at least I'm sure I don't make my liver worse than it actually already is...:nopompom:

5 hours ago, phelps said:

back following the March Madness and Hockey...at least I'm sure I don't make my liver worse than it actually already is...:nopompom:

The true march madness is happening in men's epee, the semi-finals are...

:CZE v :HUN

:VEN v :KAZ 

The 6th, 11th, 17th and 18th teams on the world ranking are the Top4. Yep, that's epee for ya. :lol:

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

is it next weekend the qualifying events for the Olympics ranking?  do you know what arms ?

Yeah, the qualifying window starts on April 2nd if I remember correctly. The first big event should be in Poznan, the first women's foil event that will count for the Olympic ranking, but... I very much doubt that Poland will let that event happen inside their country if Russians are truly allowed to compete. So yeah, you should expect a very messy qualification, who knows what will happen. 

Men's Team Sabre (:HUN Budapest)

Gold: :KOR South Korea

Silver: :GER Germany

Bronze: :HUN Hungary

Semifinals

South Korea b. Romania 45-30

Germany b. Hungary 45-43

Bronze Medal Match

Hungary b. Romania 45-38

Gold Medal Match

South Korea b. Germany 45-44

Full Ranking & Results

https://engarde-service.com/index.php?lang=en&Organisme=hunfencing&Event=2023_03_24_26_gkk_sabre_vk&Compe=sms-eq