website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2022 - 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 4/2/2023 at 4:00 PM, Monzanator said:

Russian Fencing Federation confirmed they will NOT send any athletes for the Poznań World Cup.

https://www.polsatsport.pl/wiadomosc/2023-04-02/rosjanki-nie-wystartuja-w-zawodach-w-polsce-federacja-mowi-o-warunkach-nie-do-zaakceptowania/

And the Poznan World Cup is apparently cancelled anyway? Or at least that's what the Hungarian media is reporting today. Wtf is happening with this World Cup? :lol:

30 minutes ago, Vektor said:

And the Poznan World Cup is apparently cancelled anyway? Or at least that's what the Hungarian media is reporting today. Wtf is happening with this World Cup? :lol:

Reported in Lithuania as well,it's retarded apparently

@Vektor@BiathlonfanYeah, the World Cup in Poznań has been cancelled. Apparently FIE send a message to the organizers that "Polish authorities can't decide which Russians should take part in the event or not and that is FIE's decision". After that the Polish organizers cancelled the event.

If FIE is sending such a message to everyone else opposing the Russians then I'm no longer surprised why everything gets cancelled. This is quite a hideous blackmail for lack of better words.

32 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@Vektor@BiathlonfanYeah, the World Cup in Poznań has been cancelled. Apparently FIE send a message to the organizers that "Polish authorities can't decide which Russians should take part in the event or not and that is FIE's decision". After that the Polish organizers cancelled the event.

If FIE is sending such a message to everyone else opposing the Russians then I'm no longer surprised why everything gets cancelled. This is quite a hideous blackmail for lack of better words.

Will FIE withdraw fencing from the European Games in that case? I mean, it's one thing to cancel a World Cup event or even move the ECh to a different country, but this time the ECh is part of the European Games, so... yeah. This is really fucked.

I guess get ready for a lot more fencing world cup events in Hungary next season, we are the one top European fencing nation who won't complain at all about the Russian participation. 

38 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Will FIE withdraw fencing from the European Games in that case? I mean, it's one thing to cancel a World Cup event or even move the ECh to a different country, but this time the ECh is part of the European Games, so... yeah. This is really fucked.

I guess get ready for a lot more fencing world cup events in Hungary next season, we are the one top European fencing nation who won't complain at all about the Russian participation. 

And it's  a shame for your nation for being on Russian site ;(

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

And it's  a shame for your nation for being on Russian site ;(

We blame communists, not Russia, for what transpired here during the Cold War, and those communists are gone from Russia, therefore there's nothing to be angry at them. And on top of that Hungarian nationalism is fueled by revisionism and anti-globalistic sentiments, and they see Russia as one of the last European bastions of true nationalistic values that want to restore Europe as it was before it became a "colony of the US". Trianon is the biggest national tragedy this country suffered in 1000 years and that was mostly inflicted by the West, so I very much doubt that Hungary will ever view them as close of an ally as Poland. 

So yeah, the moment that war broke out, I had no doubt in my mind that Hungarian society won't be anywhere near as pro-Ukrainian as the rest of Europe. It's on par for course of how Hungary views the rest of the world.  

Edited by Vektor

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

We blame communists, not Russia, for what transpired here during the Cold War, and those communists are gone from Russia, therefore there's nothing to be angry at them. And on top of that Hungarian nationalism is fueled by revisionism and anti-globalistic sentiments, and they see Russia as one of the last European bastions of true nationalistic values that want to restore Europe as it was before it became a "colony of the US". Trianon is the biggest national tragedy this country suffered in 1000 years and that was mostly inflicted by the West, so I very much doubt that Hungary will ever view them as close of an ally as Poland. 

So yeah, the moment that war broke out, I had no doubt in my mind that Hungarian society won't be anywhere near as pro-Ukrainian as the rest of Europe. It's on par for course of how Hungary views the rest of the world.  

Poland was attacked by Russia and Germany, we have more tragic history and I think polish - hungarian fraternity is a myth. From Poland we are seeing this hungarian - russian or serbian-russian fraternity. Your country has a problem nowadays to say "no" to cruel Russia. Even we have a hard story with Ukraine our country stay strong for this country. England and France refused help us during IIWW.  We are probably next aim for them (in their imagination). Even in sport where you have a strong voice like fencing you are far away from blocked this change. You blocked some sanctions also. I do not know why you are still in EU if you are pro russian. Nearly half of voters in your country chose this far right wing and government who are closw to Russia.  And yes Trianon was cruel decision, but it was beacuse of the war - and the areas  was given for biggest minorities. Next Hungary tried to retake this, and was near Nazo site. So next time you chose bad side, probably. It's  only sport and Hungary has a problem to say no to Russia. That's  sad. And even more sad if the more Hungarian think about Ukraine-Russian war this way. 

Edited by Adriano

It seems FIE is quickly finding new hosts.

The final Women's Foil World Cup event was moved from :GER to :BUL.

The final Men's Epee World Cup event was moved from :FRA to :TUR.

This probably means that the Poznan World Cup will also find a home soon enough.

So it seems :BUL  :TUR  and probably others like :AZE and :HUN will help FIE out with these European World Cup events if Western Europe doesn't want to host.

Ultimately this will only make it harder to Western European fencers to qualify for the Games, less events at home. FIE probably expected this resistance and already prepared replacement hosts for the events.

31 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Poland was attacked by Russia and Germany, we have more tragic history and I think polish - hungarian fraternity is a myth. From Poland we are seeing this hungarian - russian or serbian-russian fraternity. Your country has a problem nowadays to say "no" to cruel Russia. Even we have a hard story with Ukraine our country stay strong for this country. England and France refused help us during IIWW.  We are probably next aim for them (in their imagination). Even in sport where you have a strong voice like fencing you are far away from blocked this change. You blocked some sanctions also. I do not know why you are still in EU if you are pro russian. Nearly half of voters in your country chose this far right wing and government who are closw to Russia.  And yes Trianon was cruel decision, but it was beacuse of the war - and the areas  was given for biggest minorities. Next Hungary tried to retake this, and was near Nazo site. So next time you chose bad side, probably. It's  only sport and Hungary has a problem to say no to Russia. That's  sad. And even more sad if the more Hungarian think about Ukraine-Russian war this way. 

Hungarians like the EU, it gave them open borders and it helped the economy. What they don't like is how it's mainly controlled by the Western members. They don't want Orbán to leave the EU, they want Orbán to control what direction the EU takes as much as he possibly can. The ultimate dream of Orbán is to turn the EU into a decentralized economical union of authoritarian states who play both sides, be a buffer between the US and China instead of closely allied to one side. 

Edited by Vektor

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Hungarians like the EU, it gave them open borders and it helped the economy. What they don't like is how it's mainly controlled by the Western members. They don't want Orbán to leave the EU, they want Orbán to control what direction the EU takes as much as he possibly can. The ultimate dream of Orbán is to turn the EU into a decentralized economical union of authoritarian states who play both sides, be a buffer between the US and China instead of closely allied to one side. 

Thanks for your opinion. For me dream of Orban is leave EU and made Hungary more controlled by Fidesz without problems with EU.