website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023

rybak

What intrigued me more was :UKR getting 189 televoting points with a bland and extremely mediocre song, purely pity voting and diaspora. It had some fun elements, but it was nothing more than 'ok'.

With any serious contender they will be on top again.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:29 AM, Federer91 said:

Peaking to see the big activity here and what a surprise, that we have yet again a "scandalous outcome" by the looks of it. :d Best thing i did was to stop acknowledging Eurovision's existence last year, just too much unnecessary anger. Also, Rest of the World votes, hahaha :roflmao: 

so for you it's just an european thing that nobody else can participate? 

3 hours ago, ManuCHIL said:

To be fair, it is the Eurovision Song Contest, an event by the European Broadcasting Union :p 

It would absolutely be cool to have a worldwide event of this, with say the top-8 or so of every continent's own continental song contest going to the worldwide event, but I doubt that would gain as much traction nowadays as the ESC has built up throughout the decades..

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, ManuCHIL said:

Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't be called Worldvision after all. Just like the Oscars it should be opened for everyone to participate. 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it is the Eurovision Song Contest, an event by the European Broadcasting Union :p 

It would absolutely be cool to have a worldwide event of this, with say the top-8 or so of every continent's own continental song contest going to the worldwide event, but I doubt that would gain as much traction nowadays as the ESC has built up throughout the decades..

Eurovision is not for Europe, it is for European broadcasting area...it's not the same

On 5/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, heywoodu said:

Some swedes tried with inventing the amerikan song contest. Already failed to get a 2nd season, guess it needs the tradition as the european nations has built up for so long

On 5/14/2023 at 3:29 PM, Federer91 said:

Peaking to see the big activity here and what a surprise, that we have yet again a "scandalous outcome" by the looks of it. :d Best thing i did was to stop acknowledging Eurovision's existence last year, just too much unnecessary anger. Also, Rest of the World votes, hahaha :roflmao: 

You know, it is possible to enjoy the show without getting angry, even when your favorite doesn't win :mumble:

• 1 month later...