website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023

rybak

• 2 weeks later...

It's suggested (and probably will be introducted) that from 2024 contest "power" of jury votes (which might be up from five jurors to ten jurors) in final will lowered to 30%, meaning televoting will have 70% importance, of course only televoting in semifinals will remain. Also there are plans to shortern Grand Final about one hour, but it's not decided how it will be done.

• 6 months later...

Something worth mentioning is that the winning song "Tattoo" became a HUGE hit in Brazil... not the song itself, but a Portuguese version by singer Manu Bahtidão. Her music genre is a mix of sertanejo (Brazilian country) and tecno-brega (popular style from the North - "brega" literally translates to "corny"), so not really what I usually listen to, but her achievements caught my attention: more than 250 million combined views on YouTube, 100 million streams on Spotify and #1 on the Brazilian Billboard Hot 100 chart.

I don't know if Loreen has even heard the song, but at least she's credited as a songwriter so she must be making some money.