website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2022

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, BIGVERNS said:

Does anyone know why Olivija Baleišytė was eliminated from the Women's Elimination Race?

Her words (translated)

"The race was very difficult: the cyclists pushed a lot, there was a lot of movement in the group, so you had to constantly fight for your position. Maybe I went a bit overboard with my aggressiveness "

Edited by Dragon

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Her words (translated)

"The race was very difficult: the cyclists pushed a lot, there was a lot of movement in the group, so you had to constantly fight for your position. Maybe I went a bit overboard with my aggressiveness "

Ah... thank you... I now see the official results record "Relegation for Art 3.2.223" and that another rider was relegated for the same reason. It did look a bit hectic.

Filippooooo! what a ride from :ITA Ganna in the Individual Pursuit qualification round...3rd and 4th Kilometers in 57.6 and 56.7 :yikes:

the (best) teams yesterday were only a second faster than him alone...:facepalm:

4.00.693 the final clocking for super Pippo...:GBR Bingham is currently 2nd good 4.5 seconds behind...

and, as expected, it's a safe Gold & Silver for Italy in the men's Individual Pursuit...:cheer: :champion:

Jonathan Milan, infact, rode a good second half of his 4kms and clocked a pretty good 4.03.0 to end up in second place bhind his teammate Ganna.

Not expecting a close final, though...there are still 2.5 secs between the two...and Ganna is likely to have better recovery skills...

however, this compensate at least the awful start by Elisa Balsamo in the Omnium (only 12th in the Scatch race, which should have been one of her forte), whose medal chances are already heavily compromised at this point.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Filippooooo! what a ride from :ITA Ganna in the Individual Pursuit qualification round...3rd and 4th Kilometers in 57.6 and 56.7 :yikes:

4.00.693 the final clocking for super Pippo...

That sub-4 IP is getting ever closer. OK, Ashton Lambie did one in high-altitude Aguascalientes last year but if memory serves Ganna previously mentioned wanting to ride one without altitude assistance.

Like all marquee road-trackies he'll continue to focus more on the road in due course, but even after today's final he won't be finished with individual pursuits yet (unlike Shoi Matsuda, Milan won't be overlapped (worth up to 2 seconds) unless he has a mare).

Here's a thought - since he won his first WCh IP six years ago, Ganna is now one full lap quicker.

Edited by Edvid

1 hour ago, phelps said:

why UCI and IOC scratched this historical discipline from the Olympic program? why? :facepalm: :wall:

Even from a quotas perspective it wouldn't be too difficult to keep the individual event. Obviously all nations which competed in the team event would compete in the individual event and then you only need a few more to round out the event.

I personally have a soft spot for the elimination race and would love to see it at the Olympics one day.