Sophie Lewis
Anna Morris
Jess Roberts

Women’s Sprint

Lauren Bell
Sophie Capewell
Emma Finucane

See the first post.

Harsh loss for the French team sprint. Don't know why the race restarted so quickly since the French n°1 went all out for about a half-lap. As a result he lost 0.4 compared to the qualifications, which cost his team the win and a real chance to earn the bronze medal.

18 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Harsh loss for the French team sprint. Don't know why the race restarted so quickly since the French n°1 went all out for about a half-lap. As a result he lost 0.4 compared to the qualifications, which cost his team the win and a real chance to earn the bronze medal.

There lots of questionable starts I thought.  Definitely some teams taking advantage of weak refereeing.

Tears & hugs in the Dutch Women’s Team Sprint team - rumours of some bureaucratic error. They lose bronze to GBR by .008.

Edited by Grassmarket

Chmm, 13th place for our very rookie Lithuanian men's sprint team is fairly okay. 

The very first time for Lithuanian men in a team event on a World Championship stage, previously only started in the European Championships once.

Lots and lots of work left to be done if they want to contend for the Olympics, but I wouldn't completely write them off just yet. 

Don't think I've ever seen so many 'false' starts in the team sprint. One of the female officials seemed to have difficulty holding the bikes steady on a number of occasions, while a male official was still holding onto the saddle of a Chinese cyclist long after the rest of his team had started. Just as well this is a test event for 2024. Lots of lessons to be learned already after day one.

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Chmm, 13th place for our very rookie Lithuanian men's sprint team is fairly okay. 

The very first time for Lithuanian men in a team event on a World Championship stage, previously only started in the European Championships once.

Lots and lots of work left to be done if they want to contend for the Olympics, but I wouldn't completely write them off just yet. 

Good to see more competition but it's a tough event to medal in.