website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2022

Totallympics

So Great Britain will take on France in Round 1 in a repeat of the Bronze medal match up from this year's European Championships. The inclusion of Katie Archibald has certainly given Team GB a bit of extra pace but with only 0.3 between the two teams, this could go either way. 

Biggest surprise for me was the relatively poor performance of the German team. 

8 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Biggest surprise for me was the relatively poor performance of the German team. 

Not surprising, Brennauer has retired, Klein is injured and their alternates (Süssemlich and Reissner) are noticeably weaker, hence the gap. 

10 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Not surprising, Brennauer has retired, Klein is injured and their alternates (Süssemlich and Reissner) are noticeably weaker, hence the gap. 

Yeah, I noticed the team had changed since the euros but had still expected them to be closer to making the medal matches

A really strong 3:48 for GB to top the qualifying in Men's Team Pursuit - it feels like it has been a long time since the team have been able to dip below 3:50. Will be interesting to see if they can follow it up with a strong performance against New Zealand in the next round.

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Yeah, I noticed the team had changed since the euros but had still expected them to be closer to making the medal matches

GB without Kenny and Elinor Barker too. And the potential for Zoe Backstedt to be there in 2024 too.

:wGBR: GREAT BRITAIN :wGBR:

Men’s Endurance

Dan Bigham
Rhys Britton
Ethan Hayter
Will Perrett
Ethan Vernon
Ollie Wood

Men’s Sprint

Jack Carlin
Ali Fielding
Hamish Turnbull