website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, CCB said:

Harrie Lavreysen with a WCh-title again. What a phenomenal rider. But I'm afraid this was his last, because the Israeli Jakovlev will dominate men's sprinting from now on.

:roflmao:

give Mattia Predomo a couple of years to build up on his muscles...:whistle:

51 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Will Jakovlev be eligible to qualify for the Olympics?

I don't think so...he still competed for Russia at last year's Worlds.

unless the Russians give him permission to race for Israel, Paris 2024 is way less than 3 years away from his last appearance with the native Country.

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

unless the Russians give him permission to race for Israel, Paris 2024 is way less than 3 years away from his last appearance with the native Country.

I can't see Russia giving him permission or else others might follow his example.

Does anyone know what kind of nationality transfer is at stake ? 

Regarding his ability to overpower Lavreysen I'm all eyes. His unofficial WR was set on a very quick track so he may not have the edge that this performance suggests. And the gap itself is not that big time-wise, mind that even when Hoogland manages to equal Lavreysen's times, he's still unable to beat the latter. Yakovlev is really good strategically though, so we'll see, in the Track CL hopefully. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:48 PM, phelps said:

I’ll update when it will be certain but right now besides the certainty of him representing Israel the question of when he will begin is unknown 

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

I’ll update when it will be certain but right now besides the certainty of him representing Israel the question of when he will begin is unknown 

thanks...

but remember, most likely for UCI he'll be allowed to represent ISR as soon as he gets an Israeli passport (or he's registered by the ISR cycling federation), meanwhile it's a totally different story to become eligible for the Olympic Games (the rule is strict and clear: 3 years from the last appearance with the old Nation, unless they give him and his new Country an official written permission).

and for Yakovlev the 3 years won't be done until October, 25th 2024 and a Russian free pass is very, very unlikely.