website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

now, this is plain stupid. :crazy:

I read the PR statement from this group of people and it seems their request centers around the anti-government interference rule that FIFA has, which is a fair reason but in practice FIFA has been notoriously inconsistent at enforcing in the past, turning a blind eye to several cases.

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

"A group of Iranian soccer and sports personalities" with the assistance of the law firm Ruiz-Herta and Crespo of Valencia, Spain

What are the odds that "a group of Iranian soccer and sports personalities" are actually Peru? :p

They are represented by a Spanish firm after all... :d

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I read the PR statement from this group of people and it seems their request centers around the anti-government interference rule that FIFA has, which is a fair reason but in practice FIFA has been notoriously inconsistent at enforcing in the past, turning a blind eye to several cases.

Yes. It's a perfectly reasonable argument that has a 0% chance of being successful

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

And what Iran Footballers Have done bad to society or women to be ripped of their dreams to play in WC,  this is really became anticlimactic for me to get revenge from regimes from their sporting men or women 

don't worry, I hear the same story before every single World Cup as far as I remember (from 1998) this time is a bit different because of the current situation inside the country

You can say all bad things possible about the regime in Iran and they deserve every bit of it. but the same applies to the so called "opposition group" most of them are as corrupt as the regime itself. they always push western countries to put more sanctions on Iran and make life harder and harder for people inside the country (in hope of starting a war or something like that, maybe eventually they can benefit from it) and since now EVERYTHING is sanctioned (I mean everything from medicine, food, etc, absolutely everything) there is nothing left to sanction but sporting teams.

I have to admit this time is different, it's hard to be so excited about the World Cup when there are more important things in your country but still this is the national team and the majority still supports it. and I have to add except 2 or 3 players, the rest spoken out against the regime. (as much as they could) if anybody follows Iranian football almost nobody celebrates scoring a goal these days, not in our local league, not those in European leagues.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, hckošice said:

:CAN vs :URU  Test match the 27th september will be played in Bratislava :d

You may wonder the surprise I felt after reading the title, to later just find out that :CAN national Team actually will have a 10 days special training camp in Slovakia :cheer:

however even more surprising was the fact that they did not select the X-Bionic sphere complex in Šamorín but for some reason they picked Dunajská Streda with local MOL arena (You know that city near the SVK-HUN border, known for their club with let´s call them politely "famous" pro-Hungarian/anti-Slovak oriented fanbase) and booked the whole complex for 10 days :yikes:

Anyway, what a moment for Slovakia to have a WC particpant having a camp here :)

:mumble:

Being Canada, most likely they thought it was the hockey world champs...:whistle:

So damn pointless if they will still play at the World Cup. Either boycott the event or focus on your matches instead of doing this bullshit that will achieve absolutely nothing. Western nations did the same thing during EURO 2020 in Hungary and that didn't help progressives here at all.