website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Dani Alves got a "life-time achievement" call-up just in case Brazil actually wins it? :p

Poland will announce the squad on Thursday. Our idiot coach said he will call up four goalkeepers :wacko: Even if we go Greece '94 and swap them after every group loss, there won't be game four to use all of them :lol:

I wonder, do you prefer the current coach, or Paulo Sousa?

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Dani Alves got a "life-time achievement" call-up just in case Brazil actually wins it? :p

Poland will announce the squad on Thursday. Our idiot coach said he will call up four goalkeepers :wacko: Even if we go Greece '94 and swap them after every group loss, there won't be game four to use all of them :lol:

To be fair the 4th polish GK is still a good player while a field player in his place would be an ekstraklasa nobody :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Laraja said:

I wonder, do you prefer the current coach, or Paulo Sousa?

I don't expect you to know it but Michniewicz was involved in match-fixing in Ekstraklasa back in early 2000s, he went to the prosecutors and testified that he doesn't know anything but was later found to have made 711 phone calls with the match-fixing guru. He's a boring, defensive-minded coach who parks the bus and plays long ball to Lewandowski for all it's worth. When he was U-21 coach he couldn't beat Faroe Islands... twice. Now he will crowd the NT with his buddies from U-21 and Legia Warsaw to appease a certain agent (Mariusz Piekarski who used to play for Atletico Paranense & Flamengo in the 90s) who is his personal agent too.

In other words, I prefer Sousa :p Idk what club do you support but if it's Flamengo then you might not like Sousa these days ;)

22 minutes ago, LDOG said:

To be fair the 4th polish GK is still a good player while a field player in his place would be an ekstraklasa nobody :lol: 

True but even with four GK (should be Szczęsny, Skorupski, Drągowski & Grabara) he will still find a place for Ekstraklasa old timers like 35-year old Artur Jędrzejczyk who hasn't played in NT for three years and nobody wants him back (he would have been called up for Nations League but was injured, hell, he got injured two weeks ago again so maybe football gods are trying to intervene here :evil:  ).

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I don't expect you to know it but Michniewicz was involved in match-fixing in Ekstraklasa back in early 2000s, he went to the prosecutors and testified that he doesn't know anything but was later found to have made 711 phone calls with the match-fixing guru. He's a boring, defensive-minded coach who parks the bus and plays long ball to Lewandowski for all it's worth. When he was U-21 coach he couldn't beat Faroe Islands... twice. Now he will crowd the NT with his buddies from U-21 and Legia Warsaw to appease a certain agent (Mariusz Piekarski who used to play for Atletico Paranense & Flamengo in the 90s) who is his personal agent too.

In other words, I prefer Sousa :p Idk what club do you support but if it's Flamengo then you might not like Sousa these days ;)

It is not Flamengo hahaha

I didn't know all those things about this coach, so I understand your preference haha

Even though Paulo Sousa is not one my favourites :lol:

28 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

He's a boring, defensive-minded coach who parks the bus and plays long ball to Lewandowski for all it's worth.

Enough to defeat Mexico and Saudi Arabia, imo. None of them have a striker with talent  like Lewandowski and, speaking about my country’s team, balls.

51 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Enough to defeat Mexico and Saudi Arabia, imo. None of them have a striker with talent  like Lewandowski and, speaking about my country’s team, balls.

Don't underestimate the ineptitude of our HC. The NT hasn't done anything during Lewandowski's tenure, even the Euro 2016 QF was all down to playing defense (we conceded two goals in five matches and that was only after Szczęsny got injured in the first game and Fabianski played the rest of the way instead :lol: ).

Players like Krychowiak and Glik are done, they will most likely retire from NT after the World Cup but the reality is they shouldn't even be there. If Mexico is smart they should play at Krychowiak and get him booked ASAP if not send off - even Slovakia somehow figured it out last year at the Euros :p @hckošice

Denmark's 2022 FIFA World Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Kasper Schmeichel, Nice
Oliver Christensen, Hertha Berlin

Defenders:

Andreas Christensen, Barcelona
Jens Stryger Larsen, Trabzonspor
Joachim Andersen, Crystal Palace
Joakim Mæhle, Atalanta
Rasmus Nissen Kristensen, Leeds
Simon Kjær, AC Milan
Victor Nelsson, Galatasaray
Daniel Wass, Brondby IF

Midfielders:

Christian Eriksen, Manchester United 
Mathias Jensen, Brentford
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, Tottenham
Thomas Delaney, Sevilla

Forwards:

Andreas Cornelius, FC Copenhagen
Andreas Skov Olsen, Club Brugge
Kasper Dolberg, Sevilla
Martin Braithwaite, Espanyol
Jonas Wind, Wolfsburg
Jesper Lindstrøm, Frankfurt
Mikkel Damsgaard, Brentford

21 of 26 players have been selected. Still unknown when the names of the 5 last players in squad will be announced. 

Edited by Wumo