website statistics

Ski Jumping FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

On 1/1/2023 at 10:50 PM, FireRun said:

A bit of interesting news about the Silvester Tour for women. Apparently the Germans have usurped it as their president of the ski federation has announced on their news channel that it's all but been confirmed that the women will jump during the new years in both Ga-Pa and Obersdorf. They want the Austrian part of the 4-Hills for men to come in and join them in hosting the other two legs. Meaning Ljubno (and also Villach) who's been hosting these events since the beginning will fall out.This stings as Ljubno despite being the smallest hill has the best attendance for women's ski jumping. Fox example over 7000 people were in the stands today. In some other venues you can't even get more than 200. I guess FIS really does care only about the money...

I would lie, if i say, i'm surprised about this. No one cared about women's ski-jumping around New Years, before Ljubno showed these past 2 years, that there is some interest there. They had by far the most fans for a women's event. But of course, why make their own, unique W 4 Hills and build a tradition, when you can just copy-paste from the men and have it as a "preliminary boxing card" before the Main event.

FOUR HILLS TOURNAMENT 2022/23 (Event 4/4)

Stage 11 in Bischofshofen (AUT)

Men´s Individual Large Hill:

1. Halvor Egner Granerud  :NOR   313.4

2. Anze Lanisek  :SLO  305.5

3. Dawid Kubacki  :POL  303.7

Full Final Result HERE

Full Qualification Result HERE

Edited by hckošice

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

Granerud absolutely deserved 4 Hills champion

Yeah, not much doubt about that one :d 

I mean, it wasn't exactly exciting to watch in terms of being tense, but yeah, that's to his credit. Magnificent performance.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I wonder how long Stefan Horngacher lasts as the Germany coach. He talked nonsense about having the strongest German team ever and they didn't even have one jumper in Top 10 overall of the FH. Several big names are having a down year in the post-Olympic season but Germany keeps finding new lows.

I don't know what time it is in Canada but :CAN Alexandria Loutitt has won the World Cup event in Zao! :yes

Obviously first victory for Canada in women's ski jumping. Steve Collins and Horst Bulau won W.Cups among men in the 1980s.

Well deserved! :thumbup: