website statistics

Swimming FINA Junior World Championships 2022

Totallympics

From the looks of it, I see that these World Junior Championships are going to be even easier than the Europeans.

Highly disappointed that we didn't send more swimmers.

USA, Great Britain, Germany, Canada, China, Australia missing.

30 minutes ago, Werloc said:

From the looks of it, I see that these World Junior Championships are going to be even easier than the Europeans.

Not that we can compete with those swimming superpowers, but I noticed the Netherlands is missing here as well.

this championship doesn't really make sense...

there are 3/4 decent swimmers and then people that didn't even make the final at the Junior Europeans reaching the top 8 with more or less the same time (if not slower)...

the women's 4*200m free is hilarious...Italy with the best time of the heats with 8.23 (and Vetrano swimming the last leg in 2.11 when she has a PB under 1.59)...:roflmao:

except for Popovici (p.s. 47.37 in the relay's prelims 1st leg :yikes:), it's really not worth any waste of time...

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

this championship doesn't really make sense...

there are 3/4 decent swimmers and then people that didn't even make the final at the Junior Europeans reaching the top 8 with more or less the same time (if not slower)...

the women's 4*200m free is hilarious...Italy with the best time of the heats with 8.23 (and Vetrano swimming the last leg in 2.11 when she has a PB under 1.59)...:roflmao:

except for Popovici (p.s. 47.37 in the relay's prelims 1st leg :yikes:), it's really not worth any waste of time...

If our men's relay gets a medal, I'm not complaining, because then they'll get funding and we need to keep as many of these guys in the sport as possible so that we could qualify freestyle relays to the Olympics. 

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Also Russia banned. If you look at the all time medal table the top 3 are missing and 5 of the top 7.

Wow, what a tight race, very glad I woke up for it, happy with the bronze! :clap: :LTU

Even though a lot of countries are missing, this is still valuable since our boys managed to fend off the Italians and Hungarians. 

Three of them swam under 50s, that's a massive overperformance for two of them, especially since the two guys that had the best time on paper, were the slowest of the four.

5 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Goodness me, :ROU Popovici with a 47.07 leadoff split in the relay. Fastest leadoff split in history.

They were interviewed after the win and kept talking about how their strength is that they're a very good team.

But it's basically Popovici dragging two +51s boys with close to WR times :rolleyes: