website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

More and more evidence of Kenyan doping, now a doctor saying he treated two of the top athletes in this year's team with EPO recently. But no, only the Russians are the bad guys, not the corrupt hell (or heaven, if you're a wannabe doper) that's called Kenya. How nice for so many Europeans and Americans and whatnot to go train in the middle of nowhere, and how convenient they can pretty easily avoid doping controls there :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

More and more evidence of Kenyan doping, now a doctor saying he treated two of the top athletes in this year's team with EPO recently. But no, only the Russians are the bad guys, not the corrupt hell (or heaven, if you're a wannabe doper) that's called Kenya. How nice for so many Europeans and Americans and whatnot to go train in the middle of nowhere, and how convenient they can pretty easily avoid doping controls there :lol: 

It’s getting out of hand really. I must add that the Russians did this latest masterpiece to themselves. Kenya definitely needs to be investigated. USADA should be investigated for cover-ups as well. 

WADA needs to actually become the World Anti-Drug Authority in sports.  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s getting out of hand really. I must add that the Russians did this latest masterpiece to themselves. Kenya definitely needs to be investigated. USADA should be investigated for cover-ups as well. 

WADA needs to actually become the World Anti-Drug Authority in sports.  

Kenya should have been kicked out a while ago, I really don't know what IAAF needs more to actually do something other than 'moving them into a different category'. Which has zero effect, clearly.

Oh well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 22/09/2019 at 00:53, heywoodu said:

1) It's an extra screen

2) I watch a lot of things on it I can either not watch in the same way online or with a rather significant delay because internet (like 30 seconds, usually online streams are behind)

3) It's infinitely more relaxing to hang back on the couch and watch a big TV rather than some tablet or laptop screen from a chair

You keep watching through streaming services, but in my situation, country and everything, like in most things in life combining the best features of multiple options creates the best experience :) 

that! there's no prize for that! :pope:

by the way, raisport will cover the championships minute by minute...and if they don't make it a mess (which is always possible with our national tv :facepalm:) there's more than a chance you can get the streaming on demand with the pasty.link system as it happened for the swimming worlds...;)

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Kenya should have been kicked out a while ago, I really don't know what IAAF needs more to actually do something other than 'moving them into a different category'. Which has zero effect, clearly.

Oh well.

and Ethiopia is no different as well...

or does someone really believe that they are "superior runners" (with such margin on the rest of the world) by nature? :whistle:

Just now, phelps said:

that! there's no prize for that! :pope:

by the way, raisport will cover the championships minute by minute...and if they don't make it a mess (which is always possible with our national tv :facepalm:) there's more than a chance you can get the streaming on demand with the pasty.link system as it happened for the swimming worlds...;)

Oddly that pasty thing only worked on my desktop and not my laptop. Which is a little unfortunate, because cramming my desktop into my suitcase doesn't sound like a particularly practical plan :p 

Just now, phelps said:

and Ethiopia is no different as well...

or does someone really believe that they are "superior runners" (with such margin on the rest of the world) by nature? :whistle:

I do believe they have superior runners, yes. Much like I believe Caribbean people tend to be superior sprinters, somewhat broadly speaking. It's not weird to think people with on average different builds have different abilities.

However, I don't think their succes is 100% thanks to that.

Just now, heywoodu said:

I do believe they have superior runners, yes. Much like I believe Caribbean people tend to be superior sprinters, somewhat broadly speaking. It's not weird to think people with on average different builds have different abilities.

However, I don't think their succes is 100% thanks to that.

you just skipped the part "with such margin"...

I do also believe that they're better runners than European and American people...but c'mon! a full lap of the track between an average East African runner (it doesn't matter which passport he/she's using of course) and the best in the rest of the world? no way...

by the way, I just read on the Italian press that in the first days of the championships the weather forecast is going up to 48° C at 8 p.m. local time...:yikes:

and the women's Marathon + both 50km Race Walking events (men and women are racing together in that competition) are going to be cancelled (not postponed, just cancelled) if the temperature goes really that high (the final decision will be taken only 1 hour before the supposed start of the race in all cases)...