website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

4 hours ago, konig said:

When started, it was like WTF is this soviet parody, even my girlfriend says from another part of the house: what is that?, sounds totaly similar and weird, it was imposible to distinguish a single word, he speaks TOO quickly and the finish "throwing the hat" was the perfect bizarre end for something that seems like a parody.

What happen with Kensington this time? :p

It is a sort of 'joke' song of course, since the story is meant to be fun and nothing serious at all. It is considered a valuable one in terms of Dutch language though, since Drs. P is absolutely majestic when it comes to playing with words. Then again, without being a (preferably native) Dutch speaker, that part is obviously hard to understand :d 

About Kensington: this week, their singer has announced he is going to retire from the band :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

It is a sort of 'joke' song of course, since the story is meant to be fun and nothing serious at all. It is considered a valuable one in terms of Dutch language though, since Drs. P is absolutely majestic when it comes to playing with words. Then again, without being a (preferably native) Dutch speaker, that part is obviously hard to understand :d 

About Kensington: this week, their singer has announced he is going to retire from the band :yikes: 

I liked the part early on when the singer said something like "Americans es in Neum", which sounds a lot like "The Americans are in Neum".

Neum being the sole coastal town of Bosnia and Herzegovina, whose name basically translates as "no mind", hence why people like to joke about it here.  :p

#banbestmen

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

I liked the part early on when the singer said something like "Americans es in Neum", which sounds a lot like "The Americans are in Neum".

Neum being the sole coastal town of Bosnia and Herzegovina, whose name basically translates as "no mind", hence why people like to joke about it here.  :p

I am now desperately trying to figure out which part could sound like that :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

The end of an era :/ 

Who knows....they also announced Kensington will continue, it's just that this singer will leave after the upcoming tour :p 

Since we're having this break i'll just use the opportunity to share a song I will never be able to neither send in a TISC (i'm not brazilian :d) nor send in the Festival of Music as fortunately Brazil always takes part on the contests.

But i really liked it when it came out so here it is :d