website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

32 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Where did ETXEZARRETA Adur (ESP) come from!? lol

I opened the replay just now. Picked a random point on the timeline just to see how the course looked like. And the run I picked was Etxezarreta of Spain going into second place with Bib 37. :lol:

#banbestmen

48 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Damn it, training was live? I was trying to find it but Eurosport player wasn't broadcasting it...... Or I just misslooked??😑😑

I’ve noticed this as well.  The main Home section of ES/Discovery Player just shows what is on the main TV channels.  All the exotic extra choices are under the Beijing 2022 tab.  You’l be able to pick up the replay there.

6 hours ago, dcro said:

As for the course, the first impression is okay. Nothing special, but not too bad either. It's definitely too short though (unless it was shortened due to wind?).

my 2 cents...

the slope is just for sliders, but the course setting is quite demanding (with that tricky blind turn which was missed by a lot of the top skiers and could prove really costly in the actual race)...so, there's a chance for every skier to play their cards...

however, the most important (decisive) factor is the kind of snow...old artificial snow and very wet...I wouldn't be surprised to see some ski factories well ahead of some others on Sunday...:nopompom:

and no, the track is only 2950m long, it wasn't shortened at all...