website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Mateus Nagime said:

Thank you so much!!! So, the quotas will only be confirmed in January?? Or probably WTF (lol) will release a new ranking this week?

if I remember correctly last time in 2020 WT never published any specific list for qualified athletes. they just published their ranking in early days of January like any other month. so I expect the same this time but you never know. maybe they do a better job this time

and yes quotas are 100% confirmed only when they publish the next ranking but I'm 99% sure what I wrote earlier is correct unless they change some scores from past tournaments. (highly unlikely but not impossible)

Edited by MHSN

• 3 weeks later...

WT doesn't bother to publish a list of qualified athlete. they probably don't think that's an important matter :d

but at least here they show who is qualified from the Grand Slam ranking 

(3 of those quotas will be relocated though)

i

9 hours ago, Dragon said:

Little complication at M68, Edival Pontes *BRA) just got suspended for doping. I don't know when this happened so I don't how qualification could be affected if results are changed

I don’t think it will change anything. He was not qualified anyway. His points will be deleted and the people who lost to him (GP Paris he was 2nd) bad luck. Not fair but ….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In an unexpected turn of events, Caroline Gomes dos Santos was awared a ranking quota.

Brazilian Taekwondo Federation says that because France chose this quota, it was reallocated, but that only makes sense if World Taekwondo realized there were no universality places (if I understand well via F2, as France won 2 quotas, its Host Nation quotas would be reallocated via Universality)

Capture d’écran 2024-01-30 à 15.25.32.png

Edited by Mateus Nagime
wrong link

Entry list for the African OQT

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/eventDetails/11eeaad8-780d-4fb4-81c7-06e46637a485/5

the whole draw will be based on the ranking, so you can already predict the brackets. (of course late changes are always possible because of late injuries or specific reasons like this)

men's 58 and 68 have the highest number with 19 and women's 67kg has the lowest with just 6 which means top 2 seeds only need 1 win to qualify.