website statistics

Men's Football Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

it would be a nice story, but I don't think they're good enough

there is no longer any hope that :UKR :ISR will withdraw.. because I still cannot digest the non-qualification  :POR :ITA :GER

Edited by Benolympique

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

there is no longer any hope that :UKR :ISR will withdraw.. because I still cannot digest the non-qualification  :POR :ITA :GER

no, but it might happen that the Asian team in group D will be an Islamic Nation...it might get tricky for the organizers and the IOC :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

I'd wait to know who the Asian team is...Japan and/or Australia might not be easy opponents ;)

anyway we are an average team so it wouldn't really matter :d but the main thing is that we don't fear playing with Australia , Japan , Korea , so for me it's much better group than the last one where we had Argentina , Spain and Australia in the same group and we managed to qualify , but of this generation was much better than current one 

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, but it might happen that the Asian team in group D will be an Islamic Nation...it might get tricky for the organizers and the IOC :rolleyes:

Mali is 100 % Islamic nation :d but Mali or Senegal played Israel before in u20 WC as far as i can remember . Iraq will be a doubt for sure if they will be located with them 

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:
so there could be a withdrawal? honestly why not disqualify Israel, we do it well for Russia?. and regarding Russia, did you understand the medal count?

don't run too much ahead...let's wait and see who qualify, first ;)

Russians and Belarussians simply won't appear (not even as AIN) in the official medal table...it's as simple as that

they will have their prize ceremony with AIN Flag and anthem, but that's all...AIN just isn't a team, only a signature to identify the athletes coming from those Nations

So it looks like Paris Olympics will start for me at 3 p.m. CET with first 30 mins of ARG vs MAR football match … but then I will probably switch to rugby

The other match at 3 p.m. will be ESP vs Asian team

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Mali is 100 % Islamic nation :d but Mali or Senegal played Israel before in u20 WC as far as i can remember . Iraq will be a doubt for sure if they will be located with them 

yeah, but even if I think they won't qualify, there are still in play Nations like :INA or :KSA who might do the trick

but I'm sure FIFA and IOC will do some magic and that Asian team in group D will end up being one between :JPN:KOR or :AUS ;)

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

don't run too much ahead...let's wait and see who qualify, first ;)

Russians and Belarussians simply won't appear (not even as AIN) in the official medal table...it's as simple as that

they will have their prize ceremony with AIN Flag and anthem, but that's all...AIN just isn't a team, only a signature to identify the athletes coming from those Nations

but it will distort the medal ranking if we remove their medals that they will win. as much as they do not participate in these Olympics