website statistics

Men's Football Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Perhaps it was a typo? There's nothing in the qualification timeline and back in December 2022 both FIFA and CONCACAF released stories which mention the Dominican Republic competing at the Olympics.

Maybe a copy-paste from the women's qualification pathway, and then they forgot to delete the playoffs part? :mumble:

It would be low to remove the quota from a team after having confirmed the qualification.

7 hours ago, Sindo said:

Yes, but then in December 2022 IOC updated the qualification document which added the part I showed in the screenshot.

According to @Matej, it is one team from U20 2022 Championship and one team from playoff.

@Laraja / @JoshMartini007 Do you know something more about this?

Only among women there will be this playoff, it is a competition created to avoid Canada or even USA missing the Olympics, if they had faced each other at semifinal.

Among Men, :USA and :DOM are qualified. I have seen it a while ago, and I've even commented it somewhere. My guess is: It is a mistake from Fifa in the qualification document, they should mention the Playoff between AFC and CAF for the 0.5 quota

I've seen that they added this explanation below the table in the document, but it is also a new update, because I can't remember seeing that on the previous one.

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

They have updated the file following our report :p @Matej

Well I did get an official response today from FIFA that Dominican Republic is qualified for Paris, so.... 🤷 It's nice to see they take outside inquiries seriously

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...