website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

9 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

6/10 with 1 or 2 lucky strike.

Lucky Strike --> BAR :d 

Jenson_button_usgp_2004_ontrack.jpg

Ah man, I was such a BAR/Button fan in those days, I don't even really know why but I think it had something to do with an intense hate of Alonso and his dominant Renault team :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Lucky Strike --> BAR :d 

Jenson_button_usgp_2004_ontrack.jpg

Ah man, I was such a BAR/Button fan in those days, I don't even really know why but I think it had something to do with an intense hate of Alonso and his dominant Renault team :p 

:yes I remember about Lucky Strike and 555 - BAR's first livery.
BAR1999.jpg

But I was a Jordan fan. 

49 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

:yes I remember about Lucky Strike and 555 - BAR's first livery.
BAR1999.jpg

But I was a Jordan fan. 

I was always hoping Minardi would beat them :p 

I don't even remember why, I guess it was mostly me being for Minardi than against Jordan, because I know I've always liked Eddie Jordan :d 

The good old days, I miss Minardi..I remember how unbelievably awesome it was when Jos Verstappen "won" the 1st free practice/first qualifying session in France on a drying Magny-Cours :clap:

After Max Verstappen's win in Spain this year, no way we (Dutch F1 fans) will ever get a bigger moment of celebration and "unbelievable feeling" than we had this year in May during the Spanish GP :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The early 2000s had great F1 teams and all were easy identifiable, which was the most important for a young boy ( :d) Jordan was yellow, Jaguar was green, Arrows was orange, Renault was yellow-blue, Minardi with black always in the back. :d Now all teams look the same. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

The early 2000s had great F1 teams and all were easy identifiable, which was the most important for a young boy ( :d) Jordan was yellow, Jaguar was green, Arrows was orange, Renault was yellow-blue, Minardi with black always in the back. :d Now all teams look the same. :dunno:

This :bowdown:

Ferrari, Renault, Sauber, Manor are still extremely easy to identify and to be fair, most others are quite easy as well :p  There was a time where you had Brawn/Mercedes/Williams/Sauber/Super Aguri/Force India all with mostly white or something comparable, at least there differences are pretty clear again nowadays :p 

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I was always hoping Minardi would beat them :p 

I don't even remember why, I guess it was mostly me being for Minardi than against Jordan, because I know I've always liked Eddie Jordan :d 

The good old days, I miss Minardi..I remember how unbelievably awesome it was when Jos Verstappen "won" the 1st free practice/first qualifying session in France on a drying Magny-Cours :clap:

After Max Verstappen's win in Spain this year, no way we (Dutch F1 fans) will ever get a bigger moment of celebration and "unbelievable feeling" than we had this year in May during the Spanish GP :p 

Jordan vs. Minardi was only in 2003 - 2005. Last years for both teams.  For me the most exciting season was 1999 (I just start to see F1 in 1998:)) Frentzen even can win a title. There were a sad moment for me when his car broken at Nurburgring. :cry:
Hm, it's still sad :d

2 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Jordan vs. Minardi was only in 2003 - 2005. Last years for both teams.  For me the most exciting season was 1999 (I just start to see F1 in 1998:)) Frentzen even can win a title. There were a sad moment for me when his car broken at Nurburgring. :cry:
Hm, it's still sad :d

Frentzen...the guy who stole Verstappen's seat in (I believe) Arrows when Verstappen already had a contract, but Frentzen came along, said "hey my sponsor is bigger" and Verstappen ended up without a seat that year...I never liked Frentzen anymore after that :p 

Well the early 2000's is when I mostly started watching. My dad was already watching it when I was born so I guess I saw it sometimes before that as well..I remember when I started watching it I just used to watch the start and first few laps and then went up to my room and told my dad "call me when there's a crash please" :d 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Frentzen...the guy who stole Verstappen's seat in (I believe) Arrows when Verstappen already had a contract, but Frentzen came along, said "hey my sponsor is bigger" and Verstappen ended up without a seat that year...I never liked Frentzen anymore after that :p 

Well the early 2000's is when I mostly started watching. My dad was already watching it when I was born so I guess I saw it sometimes before that as well..I remember when I started watching it I just used to watch the start and first few laps and then went up to my room and told my dad "call me when there's a crash please" :d 

You had your country's driver for fan. I didn't like all who beat Jordan:p

Of course crashes... Those times they were better:d. Because there are no a lot of Tilke's tracks.

4 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

You had your country's driver for fan. I didn't like all who beat Jordan:p

Of course crashes... Those times they were better:d. Because there are no a lot of Tilke's tracks.

Well nowadays I hate Jos Verstappen. Back when we still had the A1 Grand Prix (which was really cool!) we finally had a race in Zandvoort...but he refused to drive because he didn't get his money yet..to see how much of an asshole move that was from him, you must realize Zandvoort can have around 110.000 people and it was absolutely, 100% sold out - mostly by people who wanted to see the big Dutch F1 hero of the 15 years before that. And then he just didn't show up :sick: (luckily his replacement Jeroen Bleekemolen had an amazing race and everyone had a great day anyway :d )

Thinking about crashes of years ago, the one that is most fresh in my memory I think is Robert Kubica in 2007. I mean, 9 years ago! But I remember it so clearly, we both (my dad and me) thought Kubica was dad...luckily he turned out relatively ok :p 

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well nowadays I hate Jos Verstappen. Back when we still had the A1 Grand Prix (which was really cool!) we finally had a race in Zandvoort...but he refused to drive because he didn't get his money yet..to see how much of an asshole move that was from him, you must realize Zandvoort can have around 110.000 people and it was absolutely, 100% sold out - mostly by people who wanted to see the big Dutch F1 hero of the 15 years before that. And then he just didn't show up :sick: (luckily his replacement Jeroen Bleekemolen had an amazing race and everyone had a great day anyway :d )

Thinking about crashes of years ago, the one that is most fresh in my memory I think is Robert Kubica in 2007. I mean, 9 years ago! But I remember it so clearly, we both (my dad and me) thought Kubica was dad...luckily he turned out relatively ok :p 

Russian fans don't like Verstappen-father and Verstappen-son too after Kvyat's substitution:)

Kubica's crash was awful. I think anybody who saw this felt pain through the screen. After that maybe Webber's crash looked really scary. But he was absolutely OK