website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

13 minutes ago, Manulete said:

jejej yes, but I don't this was the case

At least the both mclarens are at top10 :clap:

When they red flagged the session at first, yeah, it was simply undrivable :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

F1 car can't go if there is a rain. What a shame!

Shame? Why?! The f1 aren't projected for be drive on a lot of water. You saw the session? If yes, you can watched that isn't possible drive in security whit this condictions

Racing in rain is definitely possible, and should keep happening. The problem was that today it wasn't just some rain. It was a horrendous downpour, no race class would drive in that...not just F1. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Shame? Why?! The f1 aren't projected for be drive on a lot of water. You saw the session? If yes, you can watched that isn't possible drive in security whit this condictions

I've switched the channel when I saw red flag. And I've started to watch Tour de France.

OK. Maybe this situation is not a shame.

But last years F1 have red flags or safety cars too much times when there are only just a little bigger than some drops. Now if I see wet tires on cars it exactly means that after 5 min or less will be red flag anyway. 10 or 15 years ago it wasn't like that.

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

I've switched the channel when I saw red flag. And I've started to watch Tour de France.

OK. Maybe this situation is not a shame.

But last years F1 have red flags or safety cars too much times when there are only just a little bigger than some drops. Now if I see wet tires on cars it exactly means that after 5 min or less will be red flag anyway. 10 or 15 years ago it wasn't like that.

10 or 15 years ago they would not have gone with these conditions of today neither :p 

They can and still do race with wet weather, but they are a bit more cautious since Jules Bianchi's fatal accident which is not a bad thing I think. During the race we normally don't see red flags for rain unless it's really extreme (like today)...the only problem I have is with staying so long after the SC at the start, like some weeks ago...at some point it was clear that racing was possible. Although then again, 21 of the 22 cars would not have seen anything because of the spray and that just makes it incredibly dangerous as well. 

Edited by heywoodu

Yesterday was an incredible qualification session. First of all due to heavy rain which caused a lot of accidents and second, that last lap in Q3 where only Rosberg could drive in normal conditions. I still think he didn't slowed down in second sector where Alonso left the track and we had yellow flags and made Hamilton and Ricciardo slow down which gave to Rosberg the opportunity to take the poll position. Rosberg was so lucky yesterday, but I'm confident that Hamilton can win today. We can say he is an expert on Hungaroring:d

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

Yesterday was an incredible qualification session. First of all due to heavy rain which caused a lot of accidents and second, that last lap in Q3 where only Rosberg could drive in normal conditions. I still think he didn't slowed down in second sector where Alonso left the track and we had yellow flags and made Hamilton and Ricciardo slow down which gave to Rosberg the opportunity to take the poll position. Rosberg was so lucky yesterday, but I'm confident that Hamilton can win today. We can say he is an expert on Hungaroring:d

It's quite incredible that Rosberg didn't lose his lap time because of basically ignoring the yellow flags..it's waiting for Bianchi all over again. 

Verstappen was unlucky, or better, made a dumb mistake getting over the line literally half a second too late to have another lap (he could have challenged for the front row if he was one second earlier, given that the track was still getting more dry so he would have had an advantage). 

Acum 11 minute, heywoodu a spus:

It's quite incredible that Rosberg didn't lose his lap time because of basically ignoring the yellow flags..it's waiting for Bianchi all over again. 

Verstappen was unlucky, or better, made a dumb mistake getting over the line literally half a second too late to have another lap (he could have challenged for the front row if he was one second earlier, given that the track was still getting more dry so he would have had an advantage). 

I think Max missed the last lap because of other drivers which where in front of him. The same problem had Vettel (he couldn't finish his last lap because of 3 drivers)

52 minutes ago, vlad said:

I think Max missed the last lap because of other drivers which where in front of him. The same problem had Vettel (he couldn't finish his last lap because of 3 drivers)

But apparently the other drivers (Bottas, as always, and another one) were like 5 seconds ahead of him when he crossed the finish line, so that's really just his mistake..