Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

OlympicIRL

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

leli.    48

Not sure if this has been posted (not only because I have been away for a long time, but also for my terrible memory - most of you might remember) but anyway

Werloc    778

Okay, so this is at the moment my biggest weakness in life at the moment. I don't know if I sold my soul for this song because of the music, or because of the awesome choreography in the video?

And as for something that would be more expected from me, I highly recommend this wonderful song by The Paper Kites

And lastly, a song by one of my most favourite lyricists - Lucy Spraggan

Bohemia    300

This song sounds so... heavenly, I don't know how to describe it:

This one makes me nostalgic of my time in Ireland last year :cry: it was played a lot when I was there, I heard it a lot on the radio in the bus, going to the university, and the line "I can't wait to go home" made me think of me, even though I didn't want to go home at that moment XD But now this song is tied with the great time I had in Ireland and the memories and friends I made there (wow I'm gonna make myself cry :')) :

(the song that makes me think of my time there could have been Galway Girl since I was in Galway (and I was still there when Ed Sheeran went to shoot the video clip, I think I've never been that close to an international star in my life :lol:) but it's only a fun song, and it's far from being as good as Castle On The Hill in my opinion)

• Sad 1

Dragon    219

Sorry but when i have too much beer I always go for this song...

• Like 1

OlympicIRL    873
1 hour ago, Bohemia said:

This one makes me nostalgic of my time in Ireland last year :cry: it was played a lot when I was there, I heard it a lot on the radio in the bus, going to the university, and the line "I can't wait to go home" made me think of me, even though I didn't want to go home at that moment XD But now this song is tied with the great time I had in Ireland and the memories and friends I made there (wow I'm gonna make myself cry :')) :

(the song that makes me think of my time there could have been Galway Girl since I was in Galway (and I was still there when Ed Sheeran went to shoot the video clip, I think I've never been that close to an international star in my life :lol:) but it's only a fun song, and it's far from being as good as Castle On The Hill in my opinion)

Nostalgia is always a bittersweet experience :cry:. I hope you will come back to us one day and re-live your good times.

And yes, Castle on the Hill was always on the radio here and yes is a million times better than Galway Girl. 

Bohemia, the Galway Girl, Ed Sheeran knew it :d

Edited by OlympicIRL
  • Like 1

leli.    48
1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

RIP Dolores :cry:

I'm so so sad... Chester in july, now her... not to count all the others who left

• Sad 1

bestmen    790

where's my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

OlympicIRL    873

Nooo :cry:

This is a sombre day indeed. RIP Dolores, you are going to be missed.

F*ck :(

• Sad 1

OlympicIRL    873

Linger, the golden jewel in your wonderful contribution to music. I love this song so much. God bless you Dolores.

I miss you when you're gone, that is what I do....

Edited by OlympicIRL
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Werloc    778

I'm heartbroken. Throughout all of my work, I've noticed about Dolores just a few minutes ago. I grew up with their music, this actually hits me very hard... :(

• Sad 1