website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

No problem. We can all speculate but at the end of the day I listed my reasons why Muslim & Eastern European conservative countries will be on the black list. Not to mention Russia which probably won't host another OG in the next 50 years at least based on the doping backlash. The only way Muslim coutries can get into SOG hosting picture is through money (and they'd have to battle through NBC calling their shots and probably Jewish lobby pulling the old safety card).

It wouldn't surprise me if 2036 ends up in Russia. The IOC seems to have forgiven and forgotten the doping scandal already.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:41 PM, Monzanator said:

Handing the Olympics to Brisbane won't stop the Gulf sheiks from chasing that Doha ticket. Unless IOC openly says Qatar is banned from hosting the SOG in the future, that one won't be denied.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, Dolby said:

Qatar is hosting WC. Emirs are buying Football clubs. I am sure that if they throw enough money at IOC, they can get Olympics as well. In fact IOC will showcase it as an important step in fight for human rights. 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, AustralianFan said:

Incorrect.

The World Cup 2022 is happening in Qatar in air conditioned stadiums November and December. 

There are no outside events at the World Cup like in the Olympics

The Olympic Games are required by the IOC to only be held only in July and August.

An Olympics in July/August in Doha, which would see outdoor event athletes die if they competed day or night in that extreme, dangerous heat.

Spectators and officials at outside events would die too in that oven-like heat, no exaggeration.

That is why an Olympic Games in Doha is not going to happen - period.

Three Failed Attempts to get the Olympic Games 

2016 - Doha, Qatar not shortlisted to the candidature stage by the IOC (previous bidding system)

2020 - Doha, Qatar not shortlisted to the candidature stage by the IOC (previous bidding system)

2032 - Doha, Qatar not elevated to Targeted Dialogue phase by the IOC (New Norm host selection system)

Doha, Qatar - Extreme Temperatures in July and August - Climate Data: Weather Atlas

July, like June, is an extremely hot summer month in DohaQatar, with average temperature varying between 41.5°C (106.7°F) and 29.1°C (84.4°F). 
With an average high-temperature of 41.5°C (106.7°F) and an average low-temperature of 29.1°C (84.4°F), July is the warmest month.

Heat index

In July, the average heat index is appraised at a burning hot 59°C (138.2°F). These weather conditions are considered as extremely dangerous, as heatstroke is imminent.
Take into consideration that the heat index values are calculated for shade and light wind conditions. Exposure to direct sunshine can increase heat index values by up to 15 Fahrenheit (8 Celsius) degrees.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

If Beijing can host the Winter Games then Doha can host the Summer Games too. It's only a matter of time.

Let's don't forget Moscow 1980 remains the hottest SOG ever :lol:

WTF?  You’re in dreamland buddy about Doha’s chances, seriously.

Are you serious?   Comparing Moscow and Beijing’s weather to Doha. (shaking my head).

Sorry mate, that’s right off the charts stupid - no offence. 

You know nothing about Doha’s extreme heat, that’s pretty obvious now.

DOHA Temperature

With an average high-temperature of 41.5°C (106.7°F) and an average low-temperature of 29.1°C (84.4°F), July is the warmest month.

DOHA Heat index

In July, the average heat index is appraised at a burning hot 59°C (138.2°F). These weather conditions are considered as extremely dangerous, as heatstroke is imminent.

Source: Weather Atlas Data

Doha has lost 3 consecutive Bids because of this in July/August timeslot requirment.

Doha Three Failed Attempts to get the Olympic Games 2016, 2020 and 2032.

2016 - Doha not shortlisted to the candidature stage by the IOC >> weather too hot 

2020 - Doha, not shortlisted to the candidature stage by the IOC >> weather too hot 

2032 - Doha, not elevated to Targeted Dialogue phase by the IOC >> weather to hot

Oh yeah, because desert heat is mystic knowledge for anyone? Of course I know about the heat but this excuse to prevent Qatar from staging SOG will eventually be overcome by money. IOC is ALL about the money so they will eventually give in. The question is when? 2052? 2060? Who knows? World will probably look very different in 30 years from now.

10 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Oh yeah, because desert heat is mystic knowledge for anyone? Of course I know about the heat but this excuse to prevent Qatar from staging SOG will eventually be overcome by money. IOC is ALL about the money so they will eventually give in. The question is when? 2052? 2060? Who knows? World will probably look very different in 30 years from now.

World will probably look very different in 30 years from now?

2052    Doha even hotter with climate warming 

2060    Doha even hotter with climate warming

The international sporting federations also have to agree with the Olympic Games dates as well as the IOC.

These are just some of the international sporting federations for outside sports that have not wanted a Doha Olympics in that extreme heat:

Money is not going to sway these IOC and these International Sporting Federations to risk their athletes health and lives by agreeing to their outside events to be held in the July/August Doha extreme heat.

Sorry buddy, but your views are delusional.

17 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

World will probably look very different in 30 years from now?

2052    Doha even hotter with climate warming 

2060    Doha even hotter with climate warming

The international sporting federations also have to agree with the Olympic Games dates as well as the IOC.

These are just some of the international sporting federations for outside sports that have not wanted a Doha Olympics in that extreme heat:

Money is not going to sway these IOC and these International Sporting Federations to risk their athletes health and lives by agreeing to their outside events to be held in the July/August Doha extreme heat.

Sorry buddy, but your views are delusional.

Your are stuck in recency bias tunnel vision. You really believe the IOC heat rules will stay there forever? Or NBC will ban SOG from being held in November forever too? Whoa! I don't have anything to add here.

21 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Your are stuck in recency bias tunnel vision. You really believe the IOC heat rules will stay there forever? Or NBC will ban SOG from being held in November forever too? Whoa! I don't have anything to add here.

Yes, the IOC heat rules will stay there forever and there will never be a July/August Olympics in Doha’s extreme heat then.

Hence the three consecutive failed Doha Olympic bids.

The 2006 Asian Games in Doha were great and were held in December.  I have an Opening Ceremony audience partipation kit a friend involved in the Ceremonies lighting gave me from those 2006 Games which were spectacular in their delivery.  I’ll post a photo of it here.

But as far as hosting the Olympics, there is absolutely no sign at all of the IOC, the Internatinal Sporting Federations or the NBC changing their long-held positions on the July/August hosting dates rule.

That rule has held fast for 21 years since Sydney 2000.