website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

Mike Bryan and Jack Sock win Men's Doubles, 6-3. 6-1 against Łukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo :cheer:

Their serve were only broken twice in the whole tournament :yikes:

Bryan and Sock become the first pair to win Wimbledon and U.S. Open in the same year since 2003, where legends, Jonas Bjorkman and Todd Woodbridge, achieved the same. 

Mike Bryan praise:

Firstly, Mike Bryan won his 6th US Open title in Men's Doubles, which equals the record for most Men's Doubles wins in US Open. He also becomes the most successful men's doubles player in Grand Slam history with 18 titles. Furthermore, he now also holds the record as the oldest Grand Slam winner in the Open Era (1968-) at the age of 40  :bowdown:

Edited by wumo26

9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Osaka :hearts: Win the title :cheer: 

That would be so awesome, but I'm expecting 6-1, 6-0 or something :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That would be so awesome, but I'm expecting 6-1, 6-0 or something :p 

No way. Osaka likes big scene and big matches. She'll be nervous and all, but I expect at least two games in each set. :d Obviously, if she allows 13 break points to Serena, Cause she'll use at least 1/3 of them

10 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

No way. Osaka likes big scene and big matches. She'll be nervous and all, but I expect at least two games in each set. :d Obviously, if she allows 13 break points to Serena, Cause she'll use at least 1/3 of them

Yeah but it's WTA and Serena Williams. 6-1, 6-0.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Serena would lose only if she makes too many unforced errors , i really wish her to win , Osaka still has plenty of time to win a GS and Serena's story will be really inspiring for many female athletes , at this age and after pregenancy, u win a GS just WOW 

4 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Serena would lose only if she makes too many unforced errors , i really wish her to win , Osaka still has plenty of time to win a GS and Serena's story will be really inspiring for many female athletes , at this age and after pregenancy, u win a GS just WOW 

I agree it will be inspiring but I simply cannot say wow because I watched most of her matches and the level was mediocre with only flashes of good points. The opposition is simply weak. But nevertheless, it is still huge achievement :hatoff: 

I also believe she's gonna be major contender for the next year too, and would like actually to see Osaka winning. She'd repeat Serena's 1999 that way, with IW and USO titles :d (although Serena won another three too)

13 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Yeah, Serena is not inspiring enough yet with her hundred million titles.