website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I like Delpo but sorry, I'll cheer for Novak. He lost godknowshowmany US Open finals so one more will be just too much. I will be happy with Delpo winning as well, he is simply too good to have only one GS, but will cheer for Novak more.

Yes, poor Novak and his number of Grand Slam titles that's so big every individual one by itself almost isn't memorable anymore because it's just one of many :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, poor Novak and his number of Grand Slam titles that's so big every individual one by itself almost isn't memorable anymore because it's just one of many :p 

But the final tally will be memorable :p And I would like him to pass Sampras (before he tries new philosophies and start kissing everyone instead of giving love to them)

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

But the final tally will be memorable :p And I would like him to pass Sampras (before he tries new philosophies and start kissing everyone instead of giving love to them)

Not as memorable as Delpo's win after years and years and years of misery :evil:

Well I hope you can cheer for two sets :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Not as memorable as Delpo's win after years and years and years of misery :evil:

Well I hope you can cheer for two sets :p 

Then Delpo better win in 2019, it will be more epic :p 

I think match is 50-50, or 51-49 for Novak. Definitely won't finish in three sets only. Delpo is not kind of player that is nervous, and he is such a fighter, it will be interesting. 

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

Then Delpo better win in 2019, it will be more epic :p 

I think match is 50-50, or 51-49 for Novak. Definitely won't finish in three sets only. Delpo is not kind of player that is nervous, and he is such a fighter, it will be interesting. 

I definitely hope so. After sitting through those two shitshows of semi-finals I think we all deserve some true entertainment in the final, whether you hope Delpo or Nole wins :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I definitely hope so. After sitting through those two shitshows of semi-finals I think we all deserve some true entertainment in the final, whether you hope Delpo or Nole wins :p 

The quality of tennis usually in first place unless a player I really don't like wins :d There are no too many of them (on men's side Carreno Busta, Querrey, Monfils and to some extent Isner; on women's side Wozniacki and Pliskova, to some extent Svitolina)

9 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

The quality of tennis usually in first place unless a player I really don't like wins :d There are no too many of them (on men's side Carreno Busta, Querrey, Monfils and to some extent Isner; on women's side Wozniacki and Pliskova, to some extent Svitolina)

What's wrong with Wozniacki? :p

Just now, wumo26 said:

What's wrong with Wozniacki? :p

It is really, really rear that I found myself enjoying Wozniacki's matches. Somehow it is not it (for me, of course). Though, I have to agree in last 2-3 years she tried to change her game, became more adventurous on court but still, never was fond of her tennis :d