website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Monzanator said:

Given the California state taxes it's just about right, it's a country within a country IMO.

You name me a life-long politician who is poor? Biden was in Congress for almost 40 years before he became VP, I can only imagine how many 'donations' he accepted under the table over that span. Politics means power and power means money. It's even more glaring in a two-party system like the US where you can only be the minority for so long and your turn to be in charge will always come!

I think there’s a better way to write our tax codes and get the desired result. California taxes have been poorly managed in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Geez, you speak like a politician now. It's a frickin shit show. Sacramento must be the lousiest places to live in the state. I'd rather live in Arizona than Sacramento most likely.

If I can talk the talk, maybe one day I can walk the walk.

Yes. (To the Sacramento point) I’d just renamed the city Shithole (worst part of Cali hands down)

Arizona, nah. Colorado, Nevada, or Utah :wub:

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Biden is starting to slip. Warren is up in multiple states now, including Iowa (obviously important) and California (important during the primaries). In fact she’s up +8% in California on Biden. My state is making itself clear as the “Norway” of the US.

Does anybody really care about polls in other states than the first ones? Most candidates do after all more or less spend all their time in Iowa.

4 hours ago, Agger said:

Does anybody really care about polls in other states than the first ones? Most candidates do after all more or less spend all their time in Iowa.

We moved up our primaries in California. We’re in one of the first waves now. For the Democratic primaries, California could be a huge battleground.

Trump’s impeachment is really starting to look like the US version of the Brexit crisis.

Second round of climate strikes going down today. I will attend to class, but with a statement either tapped to my backpack or shirt. I think I’ll go with “Earth’s dying and so are we.”, unless I come up with something funny.