website statistics

Boules Discussion Thread

Quasit

It will likely be just one or two sports. I predict Squash with 64 and Karate with the same as in Tokyo. All the other sports then need to cut spots. For starters I would cut 10 invitational spots in judo.

Edited by intoronto

8 ore fa, intoronto ha scritto:

It will likely be just one or two sports. I predict Squash with 64 and Karate with the same as in Tokyo. All the other sports then need to cut spots. For starters I would cut 10 invitational spots in judo.

Squash, if in, will only have 40 (if they are lucky), 20 men and 20 women (notoriously IOC doesn't care if then we have odd draws by not keeping 2˟ number of athletes)...

meanwhile I'm very optimist about Karate and Sport Climbing expanding their field...Karate having Kata + all 5 Kumite weight classes (with 12/16 fighters each instead of only 10) and Sport Climbing having its 3 "special" disciplines (with 20 competitiors per event) instead of this farce of the combined event...

and I see Baseball/Softball go once again...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

Squash, if in, will only have 40 (if they are lucky), 20 men and 20 women (notoriously IOC doesn't care if then we have odd draws by not keeping 2˟ number of athletes)...

meanwhile I'm very optimist about Karate and Sport Climbing expanding their field...Karate having Kata + all 5 Kumite weight classes (with 12/16 fighters each instead of only 10) and Sport Climbing having its 3 "special" disciplines (with 20 competitiors per event) instead of this farce of the combined event...

Yeah baseball and softball can take the backdoor as soon as Tokyo 2020 is closed, I hope. It's stupid to probably be watching a bunch of B-level players in the Olympics, like the junior football tournament. Personally I hope baseball and softball take karate, skateboarding and surfing straight with them. Sports climbing has to stay and be expanded to full fields in the three events :cheer: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Adesso, heywoodu ha scritto:

Yeah baseball and softball can take the backdoor as soon as Tokyo 2020 is closed, I hope. It's stupid to probably be watching a bunch of B-level players in the Olympics, like the junior football tournament.

yeah...but I'm pretty sure that there will be also some very good players, since Japanese and Korean Pro leagues will stop for sure...

the main problem is with American (and European) teams since MLB will never allow their players to play in Tokyo (the funny situation is that the qualification tournament -in early 2020) probably will be played with some MLB stars, meanwhile there's no chance to watch them in Tokyo (I can imagine Italy qualifying at the expense of the Netherlands :whistle: because they make a team with people like Rizzo, Benintendi, Iannetta, Cervelli, Gallo, Nimmo, Conforto and so on and then going to the Olympics with the same team we normally see at the European Champs :facepalm:)...

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah baseball and softball can take the backdoor as soon as Tokyo 2020 is closed, I hope. It's stupid to probably be watching a bunch of B-level players in the Olympics, like the junior football tournament. Personally I hope baseball and softball take karate, skateboarding and surfing straight with them. Sports climbing has to stay and be expanded to full fields in the three events :cheer: 

Then kick ice hockey too.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Then kick ice hockey too.

Yep.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, phelps said:

40 seems reasonable. But you have to understand the difference between Paris 2024 and Tokyo is that the quota is 10,500 capped. Tokyo was 10,500 (for 28 sports) + any for new. Its not realistic to expect an expanded field when the quota is dropping. The 28 sports are going to say, why do I need to cut, when the others don't? 

Here are the cuts I would make:

For all team sports of Field hockey, football and possibly handball cut the number of athletes by 1 per team. = 72 quotas

Judo - cut 10 spots (ie tripartie spots) = 10 quotas. Possibly more.

I would cut down the marathon field too like 50~ 

Sports such as MP, Archery, fencing, badminton have the right amount of quotas

• 4 months later...