website statistics

Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Danylove80

Andrej Martin advance to 3rd round, already the slovak male tennis olympic record holder :yes if we don´t count ofc Miloš Mečíř and his olympic singles gold in Soul 1988 but it was under Czechoslovakian flag..so we not count it, even if he is one of the few slovak olympic champions..

but back to topic, German Kohlschreiber withdrew from the match, meaning Martin will play the 3rd round

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Bohemia:

WTF is happening to us, seriously... Another disaster, great. :facepalm: One of our biggest medal hopes gone once again. Brazil is bad for us

Yeah, Germany is also having a hard time at the moment, it was the same in London. You have more than enough gold medal contenders left, so no reason to panic. I think Diniz and Lavillenie are almost locks for gold in athletics. You also have Yoka/Mossely (boxing), some medal contenders in canoeing slalom, mens lightweight double sculls, some medal contenders in BMX and mountainbike, Bouge/Pervis/Boudat in track cycling, equestrian team/individual jumping, equestrian team eventing, multiple medal chances in fencing, womens football, mens/womens handball, multiple medal contenders in judo and sailing, mens rapid fire pistol, Manaudou, some medal contenders in taekwondo and mens volleyball. I think you will win at least 12 golds and 40 medals in total. I never thought that Mladenovic/Garcia would be able to challenge for gold, but with the Williams sisters out they might have had a chance. On the mens side i think that your doubles was only seeded first because all really good doubles withdrew. In my opinion mens doubles was always pretty open.

I am shocked that the favorites in mens singles (Djokovic) and womens doubles are already out, at the same time i am very happy for Del Potro, who is my favorite player on the mens side. I think Murray will now defend his title pretty easily, which would be absolutely outstanding. In womens doubles the draw seems pretty open now, i hope that the Czech Republic wins gold. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.