website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

36 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

And during competition too :p

Hide contents

jk

I think this was one of the many sports without broadcast? I remember that I wanted to watch the competition but in the end I could only get the online results.

One of many, broadcast was not very good at Toronto 2015. All the sports had their actions taped 100% but most were not live.

The venue was 2.5 hours from Toronto so there really was no appetite for CBC to send a crew for 2 days.

22 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Sportv (brazilian tv) had only 2 channels for the Games, so the choices were limited, in part because many sports weren't in the official broadcast service (like Handball, which we could only watch the final thanks to the argentine tv).

Right, what I’m saying is that either the ICF sent their own cameras and recorded the medal runs or CBC (or whoever the host broadcaster was) made some extended highlights for the sport.

All the canoe sprint races, in their entirety, are also available on YouTube.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

45 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sadly these are geoblocked here. Any chance these can be reuploaded by you?

Yes...I would prefer to make them private and send them to you somehow. Maybe Facebook or something?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

One of many, broadcast was not very good at Toronto 2015. All the sports had their actions taped 100% but most were not live.

The venue was 2.5 hours from Toronto so there really was no appetite for CBC to send a crew for 2 days.

That’s what kills me. I love being able to go back and rewatch a games I enjoyed. I enjoyed Baku 2015 much more in 2016 in the lead to Rio 2016 (it helped get me hyped)

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Are the Judo qualifiers being held right now?

Apparently this is only one of the four competitions that will count for the Pan American ranking (Pan American Cup next month is the last event). We'll have confirmation of the quotas in June.

30 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently this is only one of the four competitions that will count for the Pan American ranking (Pan American Cup next month is the last event). We'll have confirmation of the quotas in June.

Here are the current standings before that event. 20 countries would qualify atm. 2 countries are one spot from qualifying an athlete ( :HAI and :JAM

:BRA +14

:CUB +14

:PER +14

:USA +14

:ARG +11

:CAN +10

:COL +10

:DOM +10

:VEN +10

:MEX +8

:CHI +7

:ECU +4