website statistics

Ice Hockey IIHF World Championships 2017

hckošice

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Womens

Division II Group B World Championship in Akureyri (ISL)

Day 4 Schedule (3rd March 2017)

GMT 0

13:00  Romania vs Mexico

*If Mexico will win this match in regulation time, they will officially win the tournament and qualify for next years womens Division II Group A, also if Mexico will win this match in regulation time Romania will finish last in this tournament and will be relegated to the womens division II group B qualification tournament next year

16:30  Turkey vs Spain

20:00  New Zealand vs Iceland

Livestream

24 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Mexico is one away of making it to Divison II A :clap:

I hope they secure their ticket tomorrow against Romania

I can not imagine what must happen for Mexico to not win tomorrow :d ofc it´s a sport and everything is possible, but certainly not tomorrow and certainly not in this match, I´m expecting even a double digit win for your girls. :) and even if by some magic a miracle happen tomorrow, you have still everything in your own hands for the last match against Turkey

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

I can not imagine what must happen for Mexico to not win tomorrow :d ofc it´s a sport and everything is possible, but certainly not tomorrow and certainly not in this match, I´m expecting even a double digit win for your girls. :) and even if by some magic a miracle happen tomorrow, you have still everything in your own hands for the last match against Turkey

Wow, I don't know about the double digits, but they sure are heavy favorites.

55 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well, in final it wasn´t a double digit win, but still a pretty clear win. Congrats for the gold medals and qualification for higher level. Great tournament from your girls.  Seems that womens hockey in Mexico is working very well :)

Mission accomplished I think. :clap:

Women's hockey seems to be having its moment, despite being a relatively new program

Now, I hope the federation give the girls some incentives and better training, so they can keep competing on Division II A and then try to move up.

Womens

Division II Group B World Championship in Akureyri (ISL)

Day 4 (3rd March 2017)

GMT 0

13:00  Romania vs Mexico  0-6

16:30  Turkey vs Spain  0-11

20:00  New Zealand vs Iceland  4-3

After this 4th day, 3 ranks (1st, 5th and 6th places) are already determined, before the last day  just a battle for silver and bronze remains opened

Mexico is already the tournament winner and as 2017 womens Division II Group B world Champion is also promoted to the next years Womens Division II Group A World Championships.

Turkey will finish 5th, doesn´t matter of last day results.

Also Romania will finish last and will be relegated to the womens division II group B Qualification tournament next year.