website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

On 25.6.2016. at 16:45, heywoodu said:

Only 2:02 800m heat for Semenya :p 

Tomorrow is the final, want to bet? I say she goes under 1:55 :d 

The winner gets one internet point :lol:

i think your point about Semenya is well understood across this forum, i don't see need to repeat it like 10000 times

5 minutes ago, nenad said:

i think your point about Semenya is well understood across this forum, i don't see need to repeat it like 10000 times

:roflmao:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And to actually get back on the topic of athletics instead of personal stuff, Kenyan trials are over:

035e34a2d7.png

Main things are of course in the middle-to-long distances:

Women's 800m: Wambui beats Sum and will likely battle it out with Semenya and Niyonsaba for the medals in Rio. 

Women's 5k: Apparently Obiri has really made the move from 1500m to 5k now, with success.

Women's 10k: Aprot didn't run in the trials, but got a wild card thanks to her solo 30:26 in Durban last week.

Men's 800m: Kipketer ( :bowdown:) for basically the first time ever showed a good tactical race and won ahead of Rotich, while Rudisha surprisingly had to give it everything in the last meters to get the third and final spot... (while in the semi's he was still clearly the best)

Men's 1500m: No Silas Kiplagat, did I miss him falling back in form or something?

Men's 3000m steeple: Birech surprisingly didn't even finish the race, while Kemboi will go for his umpteenth major gold joined by the two Kipruto's. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

European Championship starts :clap:I hope in a good edition

I always like championships in these old stadiums :p 

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Live stream is a mess at the moment. :facepalm:

Maybe this one works outside the Netherlands as well? (I doubt it, but you never know)

http://nos.nl/livestream/2115223-ek-atletiek-ochtendsessie.html