website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

13 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Wow, what shame :sick: For an italian sport newspaper, Alex Schwazer was - again - posite to doping. 

I don't know if its a marketing move but the Gazzetta is the most important sport source in Italy.

Tomorrow I'll buy the newspaper for know the details

Looks like it was steroids. The Italian Athletics Federation has confirmed the allegation.

Another nation getting closer to the sub-10-mark: Hassan Taftian of Iran posted 10.04 (NR) in Madrid moments ago :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

People, hold on to your hats. Caster Semenya has just won the African 1500m title....in 4:01.99, a 6 second PB. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

People, hold on to your hats. Caster Semenya has just won the African 1500m title....in 4:01.99, a 6 second PB. 

Well, maybe the rule will be changed if she actually wins in Rio.

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, maybe the rule will be changed if she actually wins in Rio.

I don't remember where, but I read somewhere someone saying a piece I absolutely agree with: "I hope she'll absolutely shatter the WR in Rio and why not, take down the 1500m record as well. People sometimes need to be hit between their eyes to be able to see the obvious, which in this case is that something needs to change."

Also I really don't like the situation that will absolutely happen during the Olympics: people will start blaming her and accusing her of being a dirty cheat and everything. And for what? For being born different? That's just not fair... 

Regulations should for sure be in place, but it's just not right to blame the athlete herself. 

Edited by heywoodu

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Is the bad hammer throw news ever going to stop? :(

Although this is a "better" kind of bad news, it's still sad :p