website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

67 athletes from Russia applied for a quota. No way that all of them will be allowed to participate. Max is 10 I think.

I think all without doping background will be allowed to compete

5 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

I think all without doping background will be allowed to compete

I think those that have a history of competing and training outside Russia and being tested by other anti-doping authorities have a chance to compete. I'm with dareza's prediction: max 10.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10.03 and a German record for Julian Reus, meaning yet another nation is getting close to the sub-10 club :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20.05 200m semi for Van Niekerk at the African Champs, that's promising! 

Just now, dareza said:

:clap:

Only 2:02 800m heat for Semenya :p 

Tomorrow is the final, want to bet? I say she goes under 1:55 :d 

The winner gets one internet point :lol:

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Only 2:02 800m heat for Semenya :p 

Tomorrow is the final, want to bet? I say she goes under 1:55 :d 

The winner gets one internet point :lol:

haha. You are probably right :d

Teddy Tamgho just got  injured again (knee) during the french nationals at the end of his 5th jump.. which got him the national tittle and his ticket to Rio (17.15m).

It looked very, very bad. He had to be carried away out of the sand.on a stretcher... It will be the second time in row that he will miss the Olympics due to injury and his 3rd major injury..

Edit: femur fracture apparently. Season over, possibly career :(

Edited by De_Gambassi