website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess that's organizers' work (and not EAA's)?

Probably...I saw it last year as well in a championship/big meet, but I forgot where it was. It's so hypocritical and annoying. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Vondelpark (?) venue is amazing :bowdown:

As far as I know almost everything is at the Olympic Stadium and javelin (and discus?) are at the Museumplein :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Armenia continues to be an expert in making bogus Olympic standards. :d Their athlete Khubeseryan apparently ran 23.18 last month, what was enough to qualify for Rio. Here today she ran 25.56 (and she did not look injured).

Back in 2012 for example they qualified two male long jumpers (both of whom jumped exactly 8.20, what was an A standard). Let's just say that their results in London (or after that) weren't in that zone. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Armenia continues to be an expert in making bogus Olympic standards. :d Their athlete Khubeseryan apparently ran 23.18 last month, what was enough to qualify for Rio. Here today she ran 25.56 (and she did not look injured).

Back in 2012 for example they qualified two male long jumpers (both of whom jumped exactly 8.20, what was an A standard). Let's just say that their results in London (or after that) weren't in that zone. :d

Now I'm worried about Gayane Chiloyan :( 

It's always bad to see Kilty win a heat/race/whatever, sad start for the 100m. Not because he's British, but because I'm not a particular fan of athletes going on Twitter and calling athletics fans "cockroaches" (and a ton of other, worse stuff, including wishing them seriously bad stuff) when they make a tiny comment about him saying Zharnel Hughes should never be allowed to compete for GBR and that Hughes competing for GBR is a disgrace.