website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

1 minute ago, dareza said:

and 9. :(

"Serbia is no danger", according to the fantastic Dutch commentator...followed by Serbia beating the Netherlands. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dareza said:

48.77 for Stjepanovic is really good.

That's usually his 100m split in a 400m free race isn't it? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

"Serbia is no danger", according to the fantastic Dutch commentator...followed by Serbia beating the Netherlands. 

Better than the British one, who when a Guatemalan guy won his heat said he was from Guam and went on about the set-up in Guam, and a Nigerien (as in from :NIG) got a slow time he started ranting how that guy can't be the fastest in :NGR

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gianlu33:

I read that he is in the ncaa cicrcuits and he was trained by american staff :d 

He trained in Germany until the 2016 olympics and last year set his PB of 3:46.88 at the european championships in London, then he decided to go to college, so he dropped almost 3 seconds in about one year, i think there is more to come and at this point he should be considered a favorite for a medal and maybe even for gold. I always thought that he is better at 1500 m, so maybe he can go sub 14:50 there. The fact that he went from 3:46.88 to 3:44.18 by moving from Germany to the US shows how shit german swimming is, i think german swimming should just shut down all their training facilities and instead send all swimmers to the US. Today 4 german swimmers competed, 3 of them were miles off their PB, the third one (Schmidtke) was very close to her PB and easily reached the semifinal ... guess what, she trains in the US all year long. :wall:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gianlu33:

Belmonte Garcia's career is finished for me, she wasn't competitive since 1-2 years :cry: 

Didnt she win the gold medal in the 200 fly in Rio, which was less than a year ago?

She might be less versatile now (no medal chances in the 400/800 free and probably not even in the 400 IM), but i still wouldnt say that this fits the definition of a finished career ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor einer Stunde schrieb dareza:

but no sf for Scozzoli and Watanabe :yikes:

I would say more surprisingly no semifinal for Christian vom Lehn, who swam 59.47 at the german championships, but he is a german swimmer, so i guess this shouldnt surprise anyone ... ?