Wrestling UWW European Championships 2017

Federer91

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

If they don't improve these GR rules,they should drop it from Olympics

They are going to change Greco rules once again in their next board meet during the world champs later this year and most probably bringing back the forced par terre again. the results of this change (removing forced par terre) were disastrous in 2016 Worlds (for non-Olympic weights)

I understand what was their reason for such change but it doesn't work. with having the par-terre some wrestlers wouldn't attack much and waiting for their chance to score on top but this rule is more stupid. specially in close matches where none of the wrestlers can score in standing position. deciding the matches on par-terre is much more better than deciding them by just cautions !  Greco-Roman wrestling is boring , as simple as that, as boring as Judo. but why such extremely boring sport like Judo is much bigger in media ? that's because IJF is doing a great job presenting the sport. that's what UWW/FILA never did before.

btw note that Azerbaijan didn't bring A team here, they are saving their bests for the Islamic Games in Baku.

Edited by MHSN

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

They are going to change Greco rules once again in their next board meet during the world champs later this year and most probably bringing back the forced par terre again. the results of this change (removing forced par terre) were disastrous in 2016 Worlds (for non-Olympic weights)

I understand what was their reason for such change but it doesn't work. with having the par-terre some wrestlers wouldn't attack much and waiting for their chance to score on top but this rule is more stupid. specially in close matches where none of the wrestlers can score in standing position. deciding the matches on par-terre is much more better than deciding them by just cautions !  Greco-Roman wrestling is boring , as simple as that, as boring as Judo. but why such extremely boring sport like Judo is much bigger in media ? that's because IJF is doing a great job presenting the sport. that's what UWW/FILA never did before.

i think they should add rule like in judo.....you need to score to win........i don't like these points for passivity.....this can be very manipulated by judges........they should fight until someone scores....eventually someone will manage to push opponnet from mat at least

and honestly i don't understand who was more active and who less......to me it seems like they push each other....they need to make it easier for people who don't know any rules :d

well, I wonder what people in Egypt feel about this ! Tarek Abdelsalam just won the gold medal for Bulgaria. he was already a good wrestler but apprently training in Bulgaria made him much better, he wrestled for Egypt less than 2 years ago in Worlds 2015 I wonder how come they let him switch the country this soon !!